2018 Midterm Elections

Brass Cannon

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Stepping aside from explaining why rape=bad. 

Not so fast. Everyone acknowledges rape is bad. Show me where anybody says otherwise? You can't? 

Why did you bring rape into this conversation? Has nothing to do with Kavanaugh? No need to bring Bill Clinton back into this.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

😂 only to a partisan hack is that a legit claim. Regardless of who wrote it. She has taken ownership of it

I'm no Stanford Ph.D., but my lowly IU education taught me enough to recognize that I could have produced a better letter and this so called expert brings up a number of points that seem valid to this non Ph.D. You can counter the argument with facts or resort to name calling.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Lets keep it civil. No reason to imply what you just did. Police reports could have been filed at the time- before any statute of limitations expired. Because charges were not filed, that now is one factor leading to a credibility issue here. Coupled with Feinsteins actions, the lack of corroborating witnesses, the Democrats stated desire to resist, you can see there are red flags for anyone looking at this objectively. Nobody is attacking anybody. There is a process in place. Let it play out. We don't need to create a new process (FBI Investigations). Thursday will be here soon enough. 

There have been plenty of times where false accusations (Duke Lacrosse) have been made. All I know is it is too early to assume guilt and everyone should be presumed innocent. That is what we would all want for a family member involved in such a situation.

I'll keep it civil when you guys do. Sexual assault is chronically under reported and while there are false accusations, they aren't prevalent. Demonizing victims of sexual assault makes you an asshole that perpetuates the problem. 

To out it more civilly, when people persecute victims of sexual assault it can cause psychological trauma and it discourages others from coming forward. Discouraging others from coming forward makes it easier for this to happen to others. If you hate sexual assault, you should encourage victims to come forward and talk about it. Period. If you don't hate sexual assault, keep it in the shadows. 

And quit lying about what is going on. The GOP is refusing to allow an investigation and refusing to put anyone else under oath. So far, they be refused to call any other accusers too. 

Just now, Reacher said:

Not so fast. Everyone acknowledges rape is bad. Show me where anybody says otherwise? You can't? 

Why did you bring rape into this conversation? Has nothing to do with Kavanaugh? No need to bring Bill Clinton back into this.

I'm no Stanford Ph.D., but my lowly IU education taught me enough to recognize that I could have produced a better letter and this so called expert brings up a number of points that seem valid to this non Ph.D. You can counter the argument with facts or resort to name calling.

Has nothing to do with Kavanuagh mmkay. Rape has nothing to do with the guy accused of rape by multiple women. 

And yes you are acting like rape isn’t bad.  You are dismissing it and pretending like women are getting a fair investigation when they are not.  And dismissing the trauma they suffer  

It doesn’t matter who writes a letter.  It matters who signs it and or takes ownership of it.  Attorneys write letters for their clients all the time. As do secretaries, legal assistants and staff of politicians.  

Guess this is better than the twitter doppelgänger theory trotted out earlier. You pro rape folks are really for any little straw.

Once again a full FBI investigation could probably clear this up. Strange Kavanuagh doesn’t want one

51 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Please tell me where I equated skipping the state of the union to sexual assualt. I was showing you some of the liberal Justices are political and have character issues of their own. The same thing that you want to put on Kavanaugh. I have news for you, Ginsburg has a known political bias. We know of no such thing for Kavanaugh. 

The alleged Trump sexual assault was not while in office. It is wrong in my book either way (if it happened- some claim he was just bragging). You specifically said while in office ( "C) Even regardless what he has done in office is pretty freaking bad. "). Laughing that you cannot even follow your own logic.

I'd say disagreeing with a 9-0 decisi0n on Nixon in order to defend Presidential power, given this president is being investigated is a bias. I'd say claiming Roe v Wade isn't settled is bias. 

I see, all Republicans are pro rape now. Its common knowledge they are all sexist, racist, every other ist along with hating senior citizens and the environment. Thats what the Democrats resort to whenever they are losing on the facts.  Just resort to unfounded smears. Makes so much sense. 

An investigation has nothing to do with rape. Still looking for the evidence any poster, or national figure, condoned rape. Nobody has dismissed any trauma either. There has been a pretty unanimous call to hear Ford. The Senate has bent over backwards to accommodate her. No "victims" have been persecuted- unless that turns out to be Kavanaugh. Must be some alternate reality out there...I'd also like to know how rape keeps getting brought up in an alleged assault case. 

Just now, Reacher said:

I see, all Republicans are pro rape now. Its common knowledge they are all sexist, racist, every other ist along with hating senior citizens and the environment. Thats what the Democrats resort to whenever they are losing on the facts.  Just resort to unfounded smears. Makes so much sense. 

An investigation has nothing to do with rape. Still looking for the evidence any poster, or national figure, condoned rape. Nobody has dismissed any trauma either. There has been a pretty unanimous call to hear Ford. The Senate has bent over backwards to accommodate her. No "victims" have been persecuted- unless that turns out to be Kavanaugh. Must be some alternate reality out there...I'd also like to know how rape keeps getting brought up in an alleged assault case. 

They haven't bent over backwards to accommodate Ford. She asked for an investigation and they refused. 

So we will get conflicting testimony with no investigation and everyone on the right saying they can't hold it against him without proof they have intentionally gone out of their way to not get. They could even subpoena the plethora of people who support Ford and the drunk who was there when Kavanaugh, the self-proclaimed choir boy and best friend of a drunk, allegedly sexually assaulted Ford. But they won't do that, they'll make it he said vs she said. 

With all this stuff that is going on with the Supreme Court. I would like to inform all my friends that I was sexually assaulted 33 years ago. I was 18 and a freshman in college. I made the mistake(right decision) of going to an off campus party. Where this 33 year old hair dresser named Candi forced me into a bedroom(I went willingly). It was there that she ravished my body. The agony(pleasure) went on all night. The other party goers heard my screams of pain(pleasure). All night I was yelling NO, NO, NO.....DON'T STOP!!!! But it fell on deaf ears.

My emotional scars run deep.....I never saw her again to press charges(to do it again).

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I'll keep it civil when you guys do. Sexual assault is chronically under reported and while there are false accusations, they aren't prevalent. Demonizing victims of sexual assault makes you an asshole that perpetuates the problem. 

To out it more civilly, when people persecute victims of sexual assault it can cause psychological trauma and it discourages others from coming forward. Discouraging others from coming forward makes it easier for this to happen to others. If you hate sexual assault, you should encourage victims to come forward and talk about it. Period. If you don't hate sexual assault, keep it in the shadows. 

And quit lying about what is going on. The GOP is refusing to allow an investigation and refusing to put anyone else under oath. So far, they be refused to call any other accusers too. 

I agree with your main propositions:

1)Sexual assault is chronically underreported.

2)False allegations of SA aren't prevalent.

3)When people persecute victims of SA it can cause trauma and keep it in the shadows.

However, your assertions that Reacher is demonizing victims of SA and perpetuating the problem by keeping it in the dark are a little over the top.

If we are right, at worst Reacher is simply not fully apprised of the facts in relation to SA.

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I said they had to be above reproach not be without politics  and then you brought up RBG  disgusting  you are disgusting  

Wrong in your book yet you still voted for him. Because he was a republican. That’s all you cared about. And you don’t care about women  

And btw the treason was while he was in office. 

I do not understand this rationale.  These are huge leaps from one to the next.

I could claim democrats and you support rape because you're a partisan hack and want to see Kavanaugh out.  Personally, I would rather she were a liar and not be a rape victim.  However, like Reacher, you never said these things either.  Let's stop calling people pro-rape or partisan hacks please.

6 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I do not understand this rationale.  These are huge leaps from one to the next.

I could claim democrats and you support rape because you're a partisan hack and want to see Kavanaugh out.  Personally, I would rather she were a liar and not be a rape victim.  However, like Reacher, you never said these things either.  Let's stop calling people pro-rape or partisan hacks please.

If you make up reasons to not believe somebody who says they were raped. And those made up reasons are based on party affiliation. Then you are both a partisan hack and pro rape. Attacking rape victims is an attempt to silence then. That makes you rape because you are helping the rapists 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

If you make up reasons to not believe somebody who says they were raped. And those made up reasons are based on party affiliation. Then you are both a partisan hack and pro rape. Attacking rape victims is an attempt to silence then. That makes you rape because you are helping the rapists 

Another leap.  I did not see him attack Ford or say she should be denied a fair trial.  He did say something I believe to be erroneous, but not pro-rape. 

You know I was a victim of rape for over a decade?  The only offense I have taken from this thread so far is the repeated name calling and the wild leaps placing beliefs and thoughts upon others.

4 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Another leap.  I did not see him attack Ford or say she should be denied a fair trial.  He did say something I believe to be erroneous, but not pro-rape. 

You know I was a victim of rape for over a decade?  The only offense I have taken from this thread so far is the repeated name calling and the wild leaps placing beliefs and thoughts upon others.

Ok I don’t care take offense all you want. he insinuating she is lying because she didn’t report it.  He’s posted stupid conspiracy theories as “proof” she’s lying all the while claiming the truth will come out on Thursday during a sham hearing that will do nothing to actually determine the truth it’s been engineered to make it a he said she said.  

When you attack the victims of rape you are helping the rapists by silencing their victims.  That make you pro rape. You are taking action to help the rapists plain and simple. 

Just because you don’t like the reality doesn’t make it not true. 

See you keep equating yourself to him. I’m very curious why?

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Ok I don’t care take offense all you want. he insinuating she is lying because she didn’t report it.  He’s posted stupid conspiracy theories as “proof” she’s lying all the while claiming the truth will come out on Thursday during a sham hearing that will do nothing to actually determine the truth it’s been engineered to make it a he said she said.  

When you attack the victims of rape you are helping the rapists by silencing their victims.  That make you pro rape. You are taking action to help the rapists plain and simple. 

Just because you don’t like the reality doesn’t make it not true. 

See you keep equating yourself to him. I’m very curious why?

I get most of what you are saying, I just do not see him saying what you are saying he said

As far as not reporting... humiliation, fear, social stigmas, and on and on keep you from reporting.  I know this, I lived it.  When I was 33, I finally overcame something enough to be able to pursue action that happened half a lifetime ago.  Him having 6 kids in his house forced my hand.  I did not want them going through what I did.

As for identifying with Reacher, I do not draw the same conclusions you do from his posts.

Archived