2018 Midterm Elections

Brass Cannon

33 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not including the sexual assault allegation the rest of this nomination should be enough evidence. If not look back at how the democrats tried to vilify clarence thomas. An intelligent man who happened to be a black conservative.  and they attacked him with a sexaul harassment allegation.

The Democrats controlled the senate....their lack of vilification is why he is on the bench today.  

But hey don’t let facts get in the way of your reality

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not including the sexual assault allegation the rest of this nomination should be enough evidence. If not look back at how the democrats tried to vilify clarence thomas. An intelligent man who happened to be a black conservative.  and they attacked him with a sexaul harassment allegation.

The rest of the confirmation... as in the confirmation where only 10% of the requested documents have been provided, there is evidence of potential perjury and where Republicans dumped 42000 documents the night before hearings began. How does that make Democrats look bad?

And Clarence Thomas did sexually harass Anita Hill. How is that a question?

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The rest of the confirmation... as in the confirmation where only 10% of the requested documents have been provided, there is evidence of potential perjury and where Republicans dumped 42000 documents the night before hearings began. How does that make Democrats look bad?

And Clarence Thomas did sexually harass Anita Hill. How is that a question?

More documents have been produced for this hearing than any other.

According to her he did. He wasn't convicted of anything and was nominated. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol he didn’t take these women so he couldn’t have raped this one. What freaking crock. And if he’s done so much for women then why are women vastly opposed to him. 

Women sure don’t think he’s done anything  for women. 

And are you honestly trying to equate a consensual affair with Rape?  Are you for real.  

The republicans say on a nomination for a year who was qualified so how about you stop with that nonsense 

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say anything like that. 

First of all, no one is claiming rape (unless you are taking about the Dems caught going it). I said we should her what she has to say. Maybe he did push himself on her and as a result has been nice to women ever since? Your character today is not defined by what may or may not have happened 35 years ago.

I hear lots of women that support Kavanugh. One women on tv says its because women know women? Whatever, be careful how you generalize.

I'm not equating consensual affairs with rape and didn't discuss either. Bill Clintons sexual assuaults were certainly not consensual nor were those of Ellison, Franken, Weinstein, and Booker. And who got raped? 

The Republicans sat on the nomination following precedent as control of the White House was going to change. Apples and oranges. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m sure the other women were just lying as well right. How many women have to say it happened before it’s given credibility. 

I guess if I get 5 friends to say Brass Cannon is a racist it must be so? Is that the world you want to live in? That is not how the justice system works. I laugh that even now, Dems are trying to change the way are justice system works. Let the accused not have a chance to hear or respond to his accuser and their allegations? WTF?

Everyone knows this a charade to hold up a nomination, save red state senators from a difficult vote and resist, resist, resist. Put forth reasonable arguments and policies instead.

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say anything like that. 

First of all, no one is claiming rape (unless you are taking about the Dems caught going it). I said we should her what she has to say. Maybe he did push himself on her and as a result has been nice to women ever since? Your character today is not defined by what may or may not have happened 35 years ago.

I hear lots of women that support Kavanugh. One women on tv says its because women know women? Whatever, be careful how you generalize.

I'm not equating consensual affairs with rape and didn't discuss either. Bill Clintons sexual assuaults were certainly not consensual nor were those of Ellison, Franken, Weinstein, and Booker. And who got raped? 

The Republicans sat on the nomination following precedent as control of the White House was going to change. Apples and oranges. 

Oh my god you literally just used every deplorable talking point to justify this. 

You tried to excuse the action because it happened a while ago. Said a rape never actually occurred. 

Only 28 percent of women support his nomination. 

There is no precedent for sitting on a nomination in an election year of any kind. Nice try though. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Oh my god you literally just used every deplorable talking point to justify this. 

You tried to excuse the action because it happened a while ago. Said a rape never actually occurred. 

Only 28 percent of women support his nomination. 

There is no precedent for sitting on a nomination in an election year of any kind. Nice try though. 

There you go again. I didnt excuse it. The reports I saw were that he pushed himself on her but she kept her clothes on and there was no intercourse. Am I misinformed?

Please work on your reading comprehension.

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I guess if I get 5 friends to say Brass Cannon is a racist it must be so? Is that the world you want to live in? That is not how the justice system works. I laugh that even now, Dems are trying to change the way are justice system works. Let the accused not have a chance to hear or respond to his accuser and their allegations? WTF?

Everyone knows this a charade to hold up a nomination, save red state senators from a difficult vote and resist, resist, resist. Put forth reasonable arguments and policies instead.

Republicans aren’t investigating an alleged crime. And you are saying dems are the ones changing the justice system.  

Being racist is not a crime.  But if 5 people say I’m guilty of a crime then it certainly should be investigated. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Ahh the patented “but somebody did it so it’s ok” defense. The resort of the guilty. 

But for record. They probably almost certainly werent lying. 

You are doing it again. Never said it was ok. Was pointing out the hypocrisy of those on left for ignoring it when its convenient to them.

Just now, Reacher said:

There you go again. I didnt excuse it. The reports I saw were that he pushed himself on her but she kept her clothes on and there was no intercourse. Am I misinformed?

Please work on your reading comprehension.

The fact you don’t understand that’s still really really wrong is so distressing 

Republicans aren’t investigating an alleged crime. And you are saying dems are the ones changing the justice system.  

Being racist is not a crime.  But if 5 people say I’m guilty of a crime then it certainly should be investigated. 

No police report was filed to investigate!

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Ahh the patented “but somebody did it so it’s ok” defense. The resort of the guilty. 

It is absolutely ridiculous to dismiss Bill Clintons accusations when he had multiple accusers going back to his governorship in Arkansas but immediately assume guilt for anyone who has even one person accuse them of assault.

Sexual assault happens and so do false accusations.  Duke lacrosse case is a very good example.

Im not saying women who make accusations are lying. I am just frustrated that today in america anyone who is accused has to prove innocence. The burden of proof is on the accuser. Innocent til proven guilty.

The fact you don’t understand that’s still really really wrong is so distressing 

Says who? We don't even know if it happened. I do believe its wrong. You are really leaping to conclusions here. I've seen a report that she may have mistook Kavanugh for a classmate that looks eerily similiar. Could that be possible? Let the facts play out.

11 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It is absolutely ridiculous to dismiss Bill Clintons accusations when he had multiple accusers going back to his governorship in Arkansas but immediately assume guilt for anyone who has even one person accuse them of assault.

Sexual assault happens and so do false accusations.  Duke lacrosse case is a very good example.

Im not saying women who make accusations are lying. I am just frustrated that today in america anyone who is accused has to prove innocence. The burden of proof is on the accuser. Innocent til proven guilty.

Can’t prove guilt if the authorities won’t investigate?

false rape accusations happen about 10 percent of the time. 

Abd as I recall because a proper investigation was done the duke lacrosse players were found innocent. 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Says who? We don't even know if it happened. I do believe its wrong. You are really leaping to conclusions here. I've seen a report that she may have mistook Kavanugh for a classmate that looks eerily similiar. Could that be possible? Let the facts play out.

OMG 😮 an idiot on Twitter is not a report. 

So now you want an investigation?

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Nope, but what he and the democrats did paved the way. And I guarantee you the dems will use this new standard in the future.

One step further I think. If the DNC gets its head out of its ass and they retake the WH. And almost certainly will have the house and senate I think they pack the court 

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

More documents have been produced for this hearing than any other.

According to her he did. He wasn't convicted of anything and was nominated. 

Many of them were press clippings that anyone could get. Even so, they haven't produced what they've been asked for and there is a pending lawsuit over the issue. 

And I'm not talking about conviction. I'm not even sure what crime sexual harrassment would be, the issue is rather or not someone has the demeanor to sit on the SCOTUS. It isn't the same burden of proof you would see in a criminal or even civil proceeding. 

If you don't confirm someone it isn't like they are punished or have anything taken away from them. It's a huge honor and a lifetime appointment, the burden of proof should be that we are sure that they are a good fit not the other way around. 

Archived