2018 Midterm Elections

Brass Cannon

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL, nope.  Carter's own party turned on him because they didn't want him there in the first place.

Ok so personal issues is proof of policy failure. Wow not a good sign for trump. 

BTW the last time the Dems has this power was under Obama. Which the cornerstone achievement of his time was Obamacare which is pretty well liked nationally. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Ok so personal issues is proof of policy failure. Wow not a good sign for trump. 

BTW the last time the Dems has this power was under Obama. Which the cornerstone achievement of his time was Obamacare which is pretty well liked nationally. 

My point is that Trump is Carter.

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The Dems had this power for four months. That's it.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

More polls out showing how close a race Texas is. 

One has them tied. But not sure how accurate it is. Seems to be disproportionate towards young voters. Might be wrong would have to dig into Texas demographics. 

I am in Indiana, born and raised.  I could care less about Texas politics.  The voters down there will decide.  None of my damn business.  

Was deciding if I should donate to any out of state candidates since all elections are national now. Came across this piece about Beto-https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Police-reports-detail-Beto-O-Rourke-s-1998-13195088.php

Just because his actions from 20 years ago were despicable, I'm not going to hold that against him. I'm sure he has changed. The reason I bring this up is it once again points out the hypocrisy from many on the left. We can promote a drunk driver who flees the scene of accidents (very JFK like if you think about it...) but going to convict  a man for rape before he can even address his accuser (contrary to the basis of American law). The double standard is mind blowing.

8 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Was deciding if I should donate to any out of state candidates since all elections are national now. Came across this piece about Beto-https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Police-reports-detail-Beto-O-Rourke-s-1998-13195088.php

Just because his actions from 20 years ago were despicable, I'm not going to hold that against him. I'm sure he has changed. The reason I bring this up is it once again points out the hypocrisy from many on the left. We can promote a drunk driver who flees the scene of accidents (very JFK like if you think about it...) but going to convict  a man for rape before he can even address his accuser (contrary to the basis of American law). The double standard is mind blowing.

Great post.........and I absolutely love that first sentence.  

22 hours ago, Reacher said:

Everyone knows this a charade to hold up a nomination, save red state senators from a difficult vote and resist, resist, resist. Put forth reasonable arguments and policies instead.

Attorney for Blasey Ford verifying my comments from yesterday...

Seriously, the Dems could not have mishandled this any worse. If she really was groped (raped if you are a Democrat), who can possibly believe her after Feinstein, Katz, and others have done?

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol he makes decisions that impact the entire US. 

Indiana is in the US btw if you didn’t know that.

States have state reps and state senators for issues of the state level. This is federal  google the word

Can you really be that obtuse?  The people of Texas vote for their US Senators and US Reps....to carry the states wishes out in D.C.  And with that sometimes means crossing party lines.  Right now all you seemed to be concerned about is a shake-up in the power in Washington.  My stance is that Texas people vote for who they feel will best represent them at the Federal level.  No more, no less.  

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Can you really be that obtuse?  The people of Texas vote for their US Senators and US Reps....to carry the states wishes out in D.C.  And with that sometimes means crossing party lines.  Right now all you seemed to be concerned about is a shake-up in the power in Washington.  My stance is that Texas people vote for who they feel will best represent them at the Federal level.  No more, no less.  

Oooh somebody has seen Shawshank redemption. 

Yes the people of Texas do vote for their reps and senators. But we all are affected and thus all have an interest. 

All I care about is a shake up. Which was indicated by calling into question the validity of a poll showing the challenger had tied the race?  That’s special kind of dumb

Archived