Hoosier Hysteria

IU Scott

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Sorry if I missed this, but is there TV coverage anywhere tonight?

I just checked BTN and they have nothing scheduled. My suggestion is get on twitter and follow people who are there. There will be plenty of videos, notes, highlights from the 50 people who cover IU basketball haha...

37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

SIAP

From our great friend, and fellow HSN member :

Hoosier Hysteria 2018: Everything You Need to Know | The Daily Hoosier

Edit:

TDH..... ha ha.  I posted your great article, just as you were posting yours here.    Great minds  !  As always, great stuff, and keep up the good work.

You are the best Mile!

It doesn’t seem that periscope has caught on quite as much in Indiana as other places, but someone might broadcast on the periscope app as well. Another place to check will be reddit for those that don’t have the BTN subscription. From what i gather on the inter web though, many people are saying that BTN’s quality is not worth the money from HD to announcing...etc. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

All I'll say from a casual online fan. Does anyone in the country have better technology? The stuff on the floor is just effing awesome.

I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if ours is the best, with our funding and media program, though.

But... while the technology was cool, it was a little underwhelming IMO. Just kinda seemed like whoever directed was happy just showing the tech and visuals, and didn't put as much thought into using it as a tool to amp up the crowd. IMO they should mix some of the classic IU hype visuals. Maybe something with Martha the Mop Lady or something with the under 8 minute IU flags timeout.

I'm probably being overly critical, but showcasing our tech, just to showcase it, is as gimmicky as bringing JT, Drake, 2 Chainz, etc. in for you midnight madness. But if we can utilize that tech into putting a modern twist on our classic traditions, then I think it can be something really special.

11 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
It's Hoosier Hysteria Day -- From which recruits will be there, the top new players we will be looking for on both teams, a banner raising, and everything else you need to know -- The Daily Hoosier has got you covered.

TDH, I can't give enough credit to the work you do. You are the best! Even when I google random IU stuff, you're articles end up being the best source of info. I can't tell you the enormous amount of respect and gratitude I have for all the time and effort you put into producing your articles. 

21 minutes ago, BENDOVER said:

I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if ours is the best, with our funding and media program, though.

But... while the technology was cool, it was a little underwhelming IMO. Just kinda seemed like whoever directed was just happy just showing the tech and visuals, and didn't put as much thought into using it as a tool to amp up the crowd. IMO they should mix some of the classic IU hype visuals. Maybe something with Martha the Mop Lady or something with the under 8 minute IU flags timeout.

I'm probably being overly critical, but showcasing our tech, just to showcase it, is as gimmicky as bringing JT, Drake, 2 Chainz, etc. in for you midnight madness. But if we can utilize that tech into putting a modern twist on our classic traditions, then I think it can be something really special.

You answered your own question. A tad over critical. The tech we saw on the floor tonight doesn't happen anywhere else. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

For those who went what were your general thoughts?  How good do you think we can be?  Anyone surprise you?  Thanks

BIG surprises were Race and Forrester, they looked great.  Fitzner can really shoot the ball, and DA had a nice looking shot as well.  I think this recruiting class is the most exciting one I've seen in a long time.

Archived