Hoosier Hysteria

IU Scott

1 minute ago, CapnRon said:

BIG surprises were Race and Forrester, they looked great.  Fitzner can really shoot the ball, and DA had a nice looking shot as well.  I think this recruiting class is the most exciting one I've seen in a long time.

Race definitely looks to have a B1G body already.  Exciting that he hasn't even played a game yet.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

BIG surprises were Race and Forrester, they looked great.  Fitzner can really shoot the ball, and DA had a nice looking shot as well.  I think this recruiting class is the most exciting one I've seen in a long time.

That's great to hear, especially that Race looked good. I love the fact that this kid was patient enough to redshirt and grow for a year instead of just finding a program he could play immediately but before he was ready to be on the court. Nice vision by this kid and his family. I really hope it pays off for him.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You answered your own question. A tad over critical. The tech we saw on the floor tonight doesn't happen anywhere else. 

I didn't ask a question.

I haven't seen it anywhere else and it probably is the best out there. But I just think we can use it a little better to our advantage, that's all. 

The new Bladerunner and the Transformers movies both have impressive visual effects. But Bladerunner's effects have more substance, which gives it a stronger emotional impact. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

For those who went what were your general thoughts?  How good do you think we can be?  Anyone surprise you?  Thanks

I was actually expecting a little more because everyone was talking about all money they spent for it.  The graphics on the floor was very good and the introductions were fine but the actually events were nothing great.  I just think Archie really does not like the spectacle of HH and don't want to risk the players to injury so it seems like he has shortened the events.

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Al really stood out to me in that. 

I hope you watched the interview with Race and Al that comes up after the video was over. Loved that Al immediately talked about most of the time in practice they focus on defense. Really interesting to listen to Race talk as well, especially about his conditioning last year compared to now. Great interviews with both guys....make sure you watch this. 

I thought it was rather underwhelming this year. The graphics on the court were amazing, but it wasn’t packed and it didn’t really seem like people were that excited today. Romeo definitely got some love, but I didn’t hear anything for the recruits this year like years past besides waiting in line when Brooks walked up to the door and waved.

18 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I was wondering if having it early in the day would have an effect.  Maybe that’s the reason?

That and maybe having it weeks earlier than normal.  

Anybody know if BTN will air this sometime?  I was thinking they didn't last year.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I hope you watched the interview with Race and Al that comes up after the video was over. Loved that Al immediately talked about most of the time in practice they focus on defense. Really interesting to listen to Race talk as well, especially about his conditioning last year compared to now. Great interviews with both guys....make sure you watch this. 

Definitely a good interview -- Link 

Gotta Like Al's comments on the work he's been putting into shooting, and the pick and roll game he showed tonight. Also gotta like Race's comments about Morgan's work on his outside shooting. Encouraging night, for sure.

52 minutes ago, Indykev said:

At least they didnt wear themselves out  the first night playing any defense.

LOL...no surprise there.  You've got freshman who don't know the system and they are all probably told to take it easy on D to (1) avoid injuries and (2) make the scrimmage more entertaining.

Quick observations from small sample size.

Romeo has the ability to take over if he chooses. I was most impressed with Al and not so much with DG. Looked like he was forcing but i felt he knows coach has confidence in him. Fitzner can shoot and looks to shoot. Hunter will be really good, 1 and done not sure. I really liked Race and Jake very impressed with their athleticism. Did not see what i was hoping for from Smith. Took a few fade away turn around jumpers but not attacking.  We have some guys who can shoot we are long and athletic.

No post up play and i am really worried about us being able to defend the post.

Overall i think we are a top 20 team with a very high ceiling. The coaches will need to game plan well against teams that can pound inside out.

12 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

TDH, I can't give enough credit to the work you do. You are the best! Even when I google random IU stuff, you're articles end up being the best source of info. I can't tell you the enormous amount of respect and gratitude I have for all the time and effort you put into producing your articles. 

Sorry, busy day yesterday and I just saw this.  I can't begin to tell you how much it means to read comments like this.  I don't know where this crazy journey is going to take me but getting feedback like that definitely keeps me pushing forward.  I have found my passion and we are growing slowly but surely.  Thank you so much!

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Quick observations from small sample size.

Romeo has the ability to take over if he chooses. I was most impressed with Al and not so much with DG. Looked like he was forcing but i felt he knows coach has confidence in him. Fitzner can shoot and looks to shoot. Hunter will be really good, 1 and done not sure. I really liked Race and Jake very impressed with their athleticism. Did not see what i was hoping for from Smith. Took a few fade away turn around jumpers but not attacking.  We have some guys who can shoot we are long and athletic.

No post up play and i am really worried about us being able to defend the post.

Overall i think we are a top 20 team with a very high ceiling. The coaches will need to game plan well against teams that can pound inside out.

I think PG is still the biggest mystery.  Between DG, Al, and Rob 2 of 3 will get significant minutes and one probably not so much.  I'm still not sure who the odd man out will be.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think PG is still the biggest mystery.  Between DG, Al, and Rob 2 of 3 will get significant minutes and one probably not so much.  I'm still not sure who the odd man out will be.

From CAM's early comments Rob, as a frosh, can earn minutes. To me that signaled the veteran pg's will play the most minutes unless Rob outplays them in practice.

Competition for time is real, but sounds like Green and Al are the primary points as of now, and I do think people were sleeping on Al. Have been saying he showed a lot early on last season, and if he could get a solid jumper going he can be legit solid point. It's just a HH scrimmage, never good to read too much into it either way, but liked what we saw from Al for sure, and the post-scrimmage interview.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

From CAM's early comments Rob, as a frosh, can earn minutes. To me that signaled the veteran pg's will play the most minutes unless Rob outplays them in practice.

Competition for time is real, but sounds like Green and Al are the primary points as of now, and I do think people were sleeping on Al. Have been saying he showed a lot early on last season, and if he could get a solid jumper going he can be legit solid point. It's just a HH scrimmage, never good to read too much into it either way, but liked what we saw from Al for sure, and the post-scrimmage interview.

If Al can hit the 3 now at a decent clip then he will get playing time for sure. 

38 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Al's game and interviews reflects a young man who has really turned a corner in confidence and beleif in himself. He really seems comfortable and selfassured. that is a huge part of progressing.

The two guys who really stood out to me after watching on BTN+ this morning were Al and Fitzner. Fitz brings us some outside shooting. I thought Al looked steady and solid for the environment. 

Race looks like he is ready to mix it up inside. My pleasant surprises were Forrester and Damezi. I’m still not sure how much they play this year, but they look like they have potential to one day be contributors. 

I am not going to read too much into an open scrimmage designed for the fans, but I have a much better feeling after this year’s than last. 

Archived