Jump to content

Jeff Goodman's College Basketball Preseason Top 25


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.e10e6e46fd41ac25e96abb186bb76cae.png

In fairness, that’s the question mark. 

I think IU will be top 25, legitimately, assuming health. What Green shows this season likely will be key, but then with Romeo added to Morgan and Smith, and Fitz’s outside shot added, just solid play at the point should have us well in the hunt 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have no problem with anyone leaving us out of top 25 as long as they back it up. MD has done that because until we prove what we have at PG...it is a question mark. 

Ditto.  I think IU will show marked improvement at PG, but I get why people doubt.

Consider that we have a point guard coaching the team, eventually, I think the point will be a source of strength.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i am usually the cautious one with expectations for the Hoosiers and generally pessimistic.  i really think this is a top 25 team for sure though.  i really think this should be a top 15 team.  that said, preseason experts don't surprise me.  we haven't been there in a while.  

When you are posting optimistic posts, the other teams out there better watch out!

hahaha

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2018 at 4:01 PM, Seeking6 said:

I have no problem with anyone leaving us out of top 25 as long as they back it up. MD has done that because until we prove what we have at PG...it is a question mark. 

It's a convenient excuse.  But, it did not deter DeCourcey from ranking UCLA 14th.  

And, seriously, a lot of his teams in the Top 10 are unproven at the point.  Kansas, Duke, Villanova, are all relying heavily on freshmen, which could swing either way.  IU's roster deserves to be considered top 25.  And, singling out PG, while not letting it effect ranking elsewhere is questionable.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's a convenient excuse.  But, it did not deter DeCourcey from ranking UCLA 14th.  

And, seriously, a lot of his teams in the Top 10 are unproven at the point.  Kansas, Duke, Villanova, are all relying heavily on freshmen, which could swing either way.  IU's roster deserves to be considered top 25.  And, singling out PG, while not letting it effect ranking elsewhere is questionable.

I think the difference is that some of those teams have 5*, top-ranked guys projected as future pro's as their new point guards. Yes still question marks, but not the same as a lower-ranked junior who has had chances to play and been wildly inconsistent. It's not apples-to-apples. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the difference is that some of those teams have 5*, top-ranked guys projected as future pro's as their new point guards. Yes still question marks, but not the same as a lower-ranked junior who has had chances to play and been wildly inconsistent. It's not apples-to-apples. 

UCLA is the team I'm really fixated on.  If we do not end up the season ranked higher than them, I'm going to be severely disappointed.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

UCLA is the team I'm really fixated on.  If we do not end up the season ranked higher than them, I'm going to be severely disappointed.  

I agree. I think IU can do better than what many of these outlets are projecting. I'm also quite confused as to why people think Michigan won't be impacted by losing their far and away best player (Wagner), or why Purdue won't be impacted by losing 4 starters (we've seen that movie, Yogi's sophomore year). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I agree. I think IU can do better than what many of these outlets are projecting. I'm also quite confused as to why people think Michigan won't be impacted by losing their far and away best player (Wagner), or why Purdue won't be impacted by losing 4 starters (we've seen that movie, Yogi's sophomore year). 

I'm surprised at the respect Purdue is getting.  If these prognosticators are right, the IU-PU games this year are going to be wars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...