Indiana's True Freshmen

11 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Indiana is the 19th youngest team in the country, and the youngest of them all are shining through three games. Meet IU's 12 true freshmen young guns.

As a Canes fan I'll admit I'm biased but one thing I love for IU is the number of Florida kids we are recruiting and let play right away. That plays very well on the recruiting front. 5 in this article. Would love to see our staff continue to welcome kids from there who are ready to play. Really good signs for our future too!

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As a Canes fan I'll admit I'm biased but one thing I love for IU is the number of Florida kids we are recruiting and let play right away. That plays very well on the recruiting front. 5 in this article. Would love to see our staff continue to welcome kids from there who are ready to play. Really good signs for our future too!

Quick question.  Why are those Florida schools missing on these kids?

46 minutes ago, rico said:

Quick question.  Why are those Florida schools missing on these kids?

Not missing. Just not enough scholarships to go around. Florida has so many players...I mean Khalil Mack was a South Florida kid with one D1 offer to Buffalo. Plus...and I only say this as it relates to Miami kids....plenty of the parents/guardians in these kids lives want them to leave Miami or the area and go somewhere safe like the Midwest because the streets just aren't safe for them to be around. 

I'll gladly take as many Florida kids as possible. I think we are seeing the early returns of how good they can be with this article. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not missing. Just not enough scholarships to go around. Florida has so many players...I mean Khalil Mack was a South Florida kid with one D1 offer to Buffalo. Plus...and I only say this as it relates to Miami kids....plenty of the parents/guardians in these kids lives want them to leave Miami or the area and go somewhere safe like the Midwest because the streets just aren't safe for them to be around. 

I'll gladly take as many Florida kids as possible. I think we are seeing the early returns of how good they can be with this article. 

Makes sense.  TY

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

WIth no names on the jerseys for this year's campaign, it is good to see a name associated with a number.   I am saying somewhat seriously, and somewhat with tongue in cheek.  Either way, an informative piece. Thanks TDH. 

That's actually what caused me to put the #'s in the article.  I know some are really bothered by it.  I am not, but to each their own.  I say let Coach Allen put whatever stamp he wants on this program.  He has to own it.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I agree.  We have had some kids that chose IU over the Florida powers including Penix and James Miller in the 2018 class.  I think they see better opportunities for playing time in a power five conference and Allen has good ties down there.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I agree.  We have had some kids that chose IU over the Florida powers including Penix and James Miller in the 2018 class.  I think they see better opportunities for playing time in a power five conference and Allen has good ties down there.

Yep....but I'll admit. Getting Penix was a shock. I mean FSU, South Florida, Tennessee...even Oregon wanted him. Huge get for us!

Archived