Trip to DC

Billingsley99

Btw, you asked about the metro -- the DC metro system is seriously user friendly, so much easier than NY's subway. It's color coded (e.g., blue line), you can just take a quick look at the large maps posted at the metro stops to see where the lines go and where the interconnect. I have heard that the system has become less timely with construction and aging, haven't been back in several years, but overall it's a very easy way to get around the city, no car needed (and if you have a rental, park it). Cabs and uber are everywhere as well. One thing I really, really miss living in Texas is the walkable city -- DC is for walking. You metro to a spot and walk. All kinds of restaurants, bars etc. with outdoor patios. It's a fit city.

I took some advise about contacting some offices of our reps in Washington. Update 

I emailed the following offices.

Senator Donnelly 

Andre Carson 

Luke Messee

Todd Rokita

Sen. Office has set up tours for the Capitol building the Pentagon and White House 

Carsons office. Capitol building 

Messer an email saying thanks for contacting us

Rokita nothing

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I took some advise about contacting some offices of our reps in Washington. Update 

I emailed the following offices.

Senator Donnelly 

Andre Carson 

Luke Messee

Todd Rokita

Sen. Office has set up tours for the Capitol building the Pentagon and White House 

Carsons office. Capitol building 

Messer an email saying thanks for contacting us

Rokita nothing

Great news, I hope you and the family have a fabulous time.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was going to put pic of us inside the capital building but was afraid it would be political 😀. I kid i kid!

Just saw this thread! Glad you had a great time! I took my daughter last year, this week, and we had a ball. Great weather, low crowds. The office of Rep. Jim Banks was very helpful, and we were able to see the House in session at night, packed with all the Reps there. It was very cool. Also got Senate passes from Donnelly’s office but didn’t make it there due to time constraints.  

There’s so much to do there that we’ll  have to go back again some time because it’s impossible to do it all in one trip.  Fall is definitely the time to go!

Archived