Indiana Basketball Weekly W/Collin Hartman and Steve Risley

Hoosier30

This is a pretty great podcast, even from outside the perspective of an IU fan. The insights from former players, along with the old school/new school dynamic, is something special. The chemistry is great, too. Collin's a natural in there.

Definitely looking forward to more episodes.

1 hour ago, Chad B said:

I agree this is really interesting for a basketball junkie.  I thought Steve and Colin did a great job. I really like that Steve brings in the Coach Knight experience and Colin covers the modern day.

Exactly! Also love how it's reflective of the IUBB discussions between my dad (Steve's age) and me (a godforsaken millennial). It's bridging the gap and I'm eating it up!

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't know the answer to your question.  However Risley was number 34, and Hartman wore number 30. 

Collin Hartman Takes a Dive

I ask that anyone posting links to their own sites identify themselves.  We are pretty supporting of almost all IU sites, in fact we openly support many like The Daily Hoosier and welcome them as part of our Hoosiersportsnation family.  Almost all of us go to other sites.  I love The Daily Hoosier, Crimson Cast and many others.  Zach Osterman at the Indy Star has always been kind to me and Hoosiersportsnation even though I haven't spoke to him in years.  Inside the Hall is a great go-to spot for IU information and when we started Hoosiersportsnation they were very kind and accepting of us (they may not remember that but I do!)  

There is a reason for me saying these things...we are very protective of our members and we try to play nice in the IU fansite sandbox. The things our members have done for each other amazes me. We all have worked hard to make this site a friendly, fun  and informative site for all our members and because of members like Mile we do it for free! With no ads, fees, dues or any cost to our members!  This has not been easy to do for the last 6-7 years! This site has been built by all of us with time, sweat and love of IU sports... all of us...members, mods, mod emeritus 🙂 and members long gone and passed away.

When someone posts links to their own sites without telling me, the mods or our members, I consider them poachers.  Hoosier30 has posted 2 times on our site, both times supporting a site that he gets either traffic and/or money.  He has not responded to my PM asking about this.  He has not responded to this post asking him about it.  

I don't usually get upset with things here but this is a hot point for me.  If you are hunting on a farmer's field, you ask the farmer for permission.  All Hoosiers know this.

I would normally just ban him but I do like his interview and he may just may not know better so let's see if he is part of our forum and participates in  our conversations or just posts links to his podcasts.

Rant over. :-0 Back to normal broadcast.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:58 PM, Hoosier30 said:

LOL...is that you, Collin?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Would love to have Collin as a part of this forum...

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

I ask that anyone posting links to their own sites identify themselves.  We are pretty supporting of almost all IU sites, in fact we openly support many like The Daily Hoosier and welcome them as part of our Hoosiersportsnation family.  Almost all of us go to other sites.  I love The Daily Hoosier, Crimson Cast and many others.  Zach Osterman at the Indy Star has always been kind to me and Hoosiersportsnation even though I haven't spoke to him in years.  Inside the Hall is a great go-to spot for IU information and when we started Hoosiersportsnation they were very kind and accepting of us (they may not remember that but I do!)  

There is a reason for me saying these things...we are very protective of our members and we try to play nice in the IU fansite sandbox. The things our members have done for each other amazes me. We all have worked hard to make this site a friendly, fun  and informative site for all our members and because of members like Mile we do it for free! With no ads, fees, dues or any cost to our members!  This has not been easy to do for the last 6-7 years! This site has been built by all of us with time, sweat and love of IU sports... all of us...members, mods, mod emeritus 🙂 and members long gone and passed away.

When someone posts links to their own sites without telling me, the mods or our members, I consider them poachers.  Hoosier30 has posted 2 times on our site, both times supporting a site that he gets either traffic and/or money.  He has not responded to my PM asking about this.  He has not responded to this post asking him about it.  

I don't usually get upset with things here but this is a hot point for me.  If you are hunting on a farmer's field, you ask the farmer for permission.  All Hoosiers know this.

I would normally just ban him but I do like his interview and he may just may not know better so let's see if he is part of our forum and participates in  our conversations or just posts links to his podcasts.

Rant over. :-0 Back to normal broadcast.

I love this post.  Boss, you are the founder of this great site we know as Hoosier Sports Nation. One of the things you have established over the years, is an open mind towards other sites. As a result, HSN has always been a place more than welcoming to other IU sites.  We even prefer to call them by name, rather than say TOS.  In that respect, we are all IU.... regardless of our home base.   We got to know Zach, when we merged with 247, before he moved on to the IndyStar.  And before that saw the infant Inside The Hall grow into the great IU site it is today.  I truly believe oursupport had much to do with that. Through the years, there have been many, many others.  And it continues to this day, as we have welcomed TDH into our family... given him support as best we can, and love the fact that he offers his great "stuff" to us here...... free of charge, and have enjoyed watching his site grow and grow.  I am like you.... would love to see that continue with one of our newest members.   Hey, Hoosier30.... reach out to us ! 

Let me end by saying.  It's been a team effort. With not only great mods/admins contributing in their own special ways.... but more importantly many great members.... too numerous to list.... that are the true value of HSN.   Love this place. And love what you started for us. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier30 said:

Sorry guys I did not know and I will no longer post the show, I apologize, I am responding late because I was out all day. Won't happen again

I am not sure it's against the rules or anything if you are an active participant of this community.  I believe it offends when you use this platform to plug the show without any further participation through creating an identity of sorts here.  I appreciate the link and hope you come back creating a persona here.  This forum is top notch and I hope you consider it.  It's also appreciated you came back to post the above.

All of that said, I do not represent or speak for the mods or others and wish you the best either way.

8 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

I am not sure it's against the rules or anything if you are an active participant of this community.  I believe it offends when you use this platform to plug the show without any further participation through creating an identity of sorts here.  I appreciate the link and hope you come back creating a persona here.  This forum is top notch and I hope you consider it.  It's also appreciated you came back to post the above.

All of that said, I do not represent or speak for the mods or others and wish you the best either way.

I believe CC got upset when he attempted to reach out, and there was no response.  HSN is not adverse to other sites.  No rules, against other sites. I should know.... I am the one who wrote the rules, and they were adopted by HF at the time.  In fact you spoke very well, which shows the kind of community that CC has established here.  I believe it boils down to establishing some cred here, before promoting one's site. 

All we're saying, Hoosier30 is  We'd Like To Get To Know You, Yes we would.  

On 9/24/2018 at 1:42 PM, Hoosier30 said:

There was no response because I was not available Saturday until late

I will just vouch for Mile and CC and the whole team -- they are very supportive and have definitely helped me grow my site.  As far as discussion communities go, the culture here is pretty top notch. They even brought Collin and Steve's podcast to my attention which I am now including in my daily updates.

Archived