Stress

Drroogh

Back to stress, I told you guys about my brain surgery 2 months ago.  While I was recovering my parents informed me that my sister-in-law had just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.  You talk about getting kicked in the balls.  Stress for me has been in over load.....been doing alot of fishing and pounding beers.  But I do cry quite a bit.  She will be lucky to make it to Thanksgiving.

46 minutes ago, rico said:

Back to stress, I told you guys about my brain surgery 2 months ago.  While I was recovering my parents informed me that my sister-in-law had just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.  You talk about getting kicked in the balls.  Stress for me has been in over load.....been doing alot of fishing and pounding beers.  But I do cry quite a bit.  She will be lucky to make it to Thanksgiving.

Sorry to hear that.

For me, there are 2 major things I do.

The first is that I've come to realize that there is only one person in control of my emotions and that is me.  No matter what happens around me, I only get sad/stressed if I let myself get that way.  I started to see that some of the happiest people have the crappiest lives, and it really made me focus on how I feel.  Of course there are times that it gets overwhelming and tough to overcome, but I have become such a happier and better person since I finally got that idea down.

The second thing for me is to find some things I can do for other people.  It's easy for me as a teacher with all kinds of kids in need around me, but I also volunteer at a food pantry, volunteer at the community center in town, and any other things I can find in the area.  It is crazy how much a couple hours of volunteering can recharge your batteries.  There aren't many better feelings than having someone come up to you a few weeks later and telling you your helping made a big difference to them.  Stress will melt away.

Archived