Top 15 Players in the B1G? Thoughts?

UMHOOPS and ITH's ranking:

1. Happ

2. Edwards

3. James Palmer

4. Juwan

After spending his first two seasons in Bloomington as a role player, Morgan broke out in a major way as a junior under Archie Miller. Morgan shot 62.1 percent on 2s in Big Ten play, fifth best in the league. He ranked in the top 15 of the Big Ten in offensive and defensive rebounding percentage, steal rate and block percentage. Morgan amassed eight double-doubles and led the Hoosiers in scoring at 16.5 points per game despite shooting just 63.1 percent from the free throw line. The addition of Romeo Langford to the Indiana roster should take some of the pressure off of Morgan and allow him to operate more freely in Indiana’s halfcourt offense. If he can continue to improve his 3-point shooting percentage (37.8 percent in Big Ten games last season), a first team All-Big Ten season is not out of the question.

5. Cassius Winston

6. Romeo

Langford was one of the most difficult prospects to place on this year’s list. If we were ranking solely by talent or NBA draft potential, he would be the surefire No. 1. The Indiana Mr. Basketball and McDonald’s All-American is the highest rated player nationally to enter the conference since Jared Sullinger signed with Ohio State in 2010. And while we fully expect Langford to produce at a high level from day one in Bloomington, there will still be ups and downs as he adjusts to the rigors of the college game. Langford’s ability to score the ball from the perimeter, at the rim and in transition gives Indiana a scoring threat that last year’s team didn’t possess. Defensively, his size and length give him the potential to develop into a disruptive two-way player with a chance to outperform this lofty preseason ranking.

7. Anthony Cowan

8. Charles Mathews

9. Jordan Murphy

10. Tyler Cook

11. Nick Ward

12. Amir Coffey

13. Lamar Stevens

14. Jordan Bohannon

15. Josh Reaves

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/09/21/big-tens-top-25-a  players-for-2018-19-5-1/

They list their full top 25, this just lists the top 15. 

If Juwan can just up his FT percentage....

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

UMHOOPS and ITH's ranking:

1. Happ

2. Edwards

3. James Palmer

4. Juwan

After spending his first two seasons in Bloomington as a role player, Morgan broke out in a major way as a junior under Archie Miller. Morgan shot 62.1 percent on 2s in Big Ten play, fifth best in the league. He ranked in the top 15 of the Big Ten in offensive and defensive rebounding percentage, steal rate and block percentage. Morgan amassed eight double-doubles and led the Hoosiers in scoring at 16.5 points per game despite shooting just 63.1 percent from the free throw line. The addition of Romeo Langford to the Indiana roster should take some of the pressure off of Morgan and allow him to operate more freely in Indiana’s halfcourt offense. If he can continue to improve his 3-point shooting percentage (37.8 percent in Big Ten games last season), a first team All-Big Ten season is not out of the question.

5. Cassius Winston

6. Romeo

Langford was one of the most difficult prospects to place on this year’s list. If we were ranking solely by talent or NBA draft potential, he would be the surefire No. 1. The Indiana Mr. Basketball and McDonald’s All-American is the highest rated player nationally to enter the conference since Jared Sullinger signed with Ohio State in 2010. And while we fully expect Langford to produce at a high level from day one in Bloomington, there will still be ups and downs as he adjusts to the rigors of the college game. Langford’s ability to score the ball from the perimeter, at the rim and in transition gives Indiana a scoring threat that last year’s team didn’t possess. Defensively, his size and length give him the potential to develop into a disruptive two-way player with a chance to outperform this lofty preseason ranking.

7. Anthony Cowan

8. Charles Mathews

9. Jordan Murphy

10. Tyler Cook

11. Nick Ward

12. Amir Coffey

13. Lamar Stevens

14. Jordan Bohannon

15. Josh Reaves

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/09/21/big-tens-top-25-a  players-for-2018-19-5-1/

They list their full top 25, this just lists the top 15. 

If Juwan can just up his FT percentage....

Romeo is going to be way better than Cassius Winston.  And I think Happ is a little overrated... Great post scorer, but really can’t shoot a lick, and it’s not like he’s some amazing defensive player either.  He’s solid, but I’m taking Juwan over him every time.

11 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Romeo is going to be way better than Cassius Winston.  And I think Happ is a little overrated... Great post scorer, but really can’t shoot a lick, and it’s not like he’s some amazing defensive player either.  He’s solid, but I’m taking Juwan over him every time.

I was watching something on YouTube rating the top 10 draft prospects and I couldn't believe this site had Winston as the 9th best prospect in the country.  It also had Romeo as the 5th so this site agrees with you but I just don't see Winston as that great of a prospect.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I was watching something on YouTube rating the top 10 draft prospects and I couldn't believe this site had Winston as the 9th best prospect in the country.  It also had Romeo as the 5th so this site agrees with you but I just don't see Winston as that great of a prospect.

Winston hasn’t really stood out to me at all through 2 seasons.

Archived