Michigan State Game Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Leathernecks said:

"Trying to get creative with the run game."

Words that have never been said in a Debord offense.

This is the biggest problem we have.

Ramsey may not be great, but he's good enough, and the o-line did well enough in the first half, but when Debord just keeps running it up the middle against the BEST rushing defense in the NATION, I just don't know what to say.

There is NO variety; that's why they came out and sacked us four times in the third quarter.

32 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Has nothing to do with the slide. You can’t lead with your helmet. It was the right call. 

Disagree completely.  You can't hit a QB high.  Ball goes low to avoid that, he starts his tackle before the late slide and the QBs slides right into the tackle.

It's either a terrible call or terrible rule.  Not sure what Ball is supposed to do differently there.  I lean toward a terrible call.

There was a nearly identical play on Ramsey that wasn't called.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

"Trying to get creative with the run game."

Words that have never been said in a Debord offense.

Sadly, we didn't even need to get creative with the run game there. Bang it in or bounce it outside if it's stacked. Just don't abandon what your team does best right in front of the goal line with a QB who's been struggling to make yardage through the air or with his legs (Fun Fact: Ramsey has 13 carries for 0 yards tonight). 

Just now, Andy06 said:

Disagree completely.  You can't hit a QB high.  Ball goes low to avoid that, he starts his tackle before the late slide and the QBs slides right into the tackle.

It's either a terrible call or terrible rule.  Not sure what Ball is supposed to do differently there.  I lean toward a terrible call.

You can disagree all you want, but you’re wrong. Sure, don’t like the rule. But the rule was enforced correctly. 

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

It's been a good game for the defense.  It's tough to play when you're on the field all night because your offense has 10 first downs and 148 yards.  They've been good enough to give us a chance.

I'd go as far as to say the defense has been exceptional given the circumstances.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You can disagree all you want, but you’re wrong. Sure, don’t like the rule. But the rule was enforced correctly. 

I think the issue that officials need to address is that if a play becomes targeting through the action of the offensive player, it shouldn't be targeting.  I get the technical aspects of the rule; it needs to be overhauled if they can't account for that.

Archived