IU football will be 4-8, guarantee it

hoosier8760

First time reading this thread. Some of you want to come back and take your posts back? They didnt age well. This staff, week after week shows they are in way over their heads. Neb. showed this staff how to beat Minny but they refused to do it or just to stupid to do it, not sure which yet. I dont blame Tom Allen he couldnt turn the job down. The blame for this mess and a few others belong to Fred Glass and its time for Fred to go screw something else up.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

First time reading this thread. Some of you want to come back and take your posts back? They didnt age well. This staff, week after week shows they are in way over their heads. Neb. showed this staff how to beat Minny but they refused to do it or just to stupid to do it, not sure which yet. I dont blame Tom Allen he couldnt turn the job down. The blame for this mess and a few others belong to Fred Glass and its time for Fred to go screw something else up.

IU FEVER.........catch it!  Just not in football.

13 hours ago, hoosier8760 said:

Allen is Bill Lynch 2.0. An above average assistant who rode a decent head coach’s coattails to the job, should never have been hired, and is in way over his head. He will be dismissed and likely end up as the head coach of a middling D2 or D3 college football program, sounds like someone else I know.

Why cant he just be compared to yr 2 Wilson on the opposite side of the ball. He just hasnt fired 2 coordinators to get his guy on the other side yet.

Wilson had to fire a Mallory son. That was a tough call but he made it. Knorr came and went but Wilson knew IU needed better. Allen firing Debord would hurt few to no feelings in the IU tanbase so he will hopefully look past his own friendship with him.

That is what will tell whether or not Allen is in over his head; Not losing 4 of 5 games they were in late and couldnt get 1 Or 2 more scores and/or stops regardless of the path to get there.Were talking about a handful of plays separating losses from potential wins here.

Allen lost his side's core of experience yet this group still gives the offense a chance late for the most part week in week out. 

He"s no more in over his head than Wilson was after 2 seasons in charge.Theyre coming up sgort because they arent playing consistent. There is also a need for a shuffle, but to say this is as half cocked as any Lynch team all around, is absurd. Do some of you forget there was zero running game under Lynch . My point is Allen wanted to run the ball, and get enough Takeaways to keep the offense in position to win.That is exactly what we've saw despite the growing pains.It's this year's finishing mantra which isnt there as it was with breaking through..

We saw a different offense when Penix played and it makes it extra unfortunate he was injured last weekend.I get the frustration but come to your senses folks. I cuss as loud as anyone but hours (sometimes days)after lost games I separate my feelings from my thoughts and look at reality. This is nothing like a Lynch team and Much more like a Mallory team in a down year. Otherwise, I would  probably be calling for all of their jobs too. Even the holdovers of Mallorys best teams got absolutely blasted out of several games. They fired Coach Mal when the fix was likely much simpler.How many regret that now..Has Allen had one season as bad as any of his predecessors.I think not.

2 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Why cant he just be compared to yr 2 Wilson on the opposite side of the ball. He just hasnt fired 2 coordinators to get his guy on the other side yet.

Wilson had to fire a Mallory son. That was a tough call but he made it. Knorr came and went but Wilson knew IU needed better. Allen firing Debord would hurt few to no feelings in the IU tanbase so he will hopefully look past his own friendship with him.

That is what will tell whether or not Allen is in over his head; Not losing 4 of 5 games they were in late and couldnt get 1 Or 2 more scores and/or stops regardless of the path to get there.Were talking about a handful of plays separating losses from potential wins here.

Allen lost his side's core of experience yet this group still gives the offense a chance late for the most part week in week out. 

He"s no more in over his head than Wilson was after 2 seasons in charge.Theyre coming up sgort because they arent playing consistent. There is also a need for a shuffle, but to say this is as half cocked as any Lynch team all around, is absurd. Do some of you forget there was zero running game under Lynch . My point is Allen wanted to run the ball, and get enough Takeaways to keep the offense in position to win.That is exactly what we've saw despite the growing pains.It's this year's finishing mantra which isnt there as it was with breaking through..

We saw a different offense when Penix played and it makes it extra unfortunate he was injured last weekend.I get the frustration but come to your senses folks. I cuss as loud as anyone but hours (sometimes days)after lost games I separate my feelings from my thoughts and look at reality. This is nothing like a Lynch team and Much more like a Mallory team in a down year. Otherwise, I would  probably be calling for all of their jobs too. Even the holdovers of Mallorys best teams got absolutely blasted out of several games. They fired Coach Mal when the fix was likely much simpler.How many regret that now..Has Allen had one season as bad as any of his predecessors.I think not.

Allen will not fire DeBord he is his Asst. Head coach as well. DeBord will led to Allen being fired.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Allen will not fire DeBord he is his Asst. Head coach as well. DeBord will led to Allen being fired.

My belief in not firing CTA stated in the MN game thread is predicated on his ability to transition from an assistant coach mindset to a head coach mind set.  This means that his duty is to do what he deems best for the team and holding his assistants accountable.  If CTA does not fire DeBord now then I think he (CTA) should be fired and a HC search began.  

5 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I hope you’re right. Allen has to do two things to get me to even have some semblance of hope next season... fire Debord and hire a competent OC, and hire a defensive coordinator. Alan has proven this season, very painfully, that when he tries to be both DC and head coach he does neither well

11 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

I hope you’re right. Allen has to do two things to get me to even have some semblance of hope next season... fire Debord and hire a competent OC, and hire a defensive coordinator. Alan has proven this season, very painfully, that when he tries to be both DC and head coach he does neither well

As mentioned somewhere else, I think, I fire DeBord tommorrow.  Elevate Hart to OC and next year get a DC.

3 hours ago, rico said:

As mentioned somewhere else, I think, I fire DeBord tommorrow.  Elevate Hart to OC and next year get a DC.

Intriguing idea. Just curious if we need more experienxe running offenses there until Hart grows into it. That is, if he is even the righr guy for the future. Man when Greg Frey was allowed to leave my heart sunk.They should've paid the man whatever he asked to stay amd just made him OC. Oh well since what's done is done.  The next OC hire can't be a whiff if IU is to fully round into a contender in time to offset Purdue's rather swift rise back into the mix in-state.

There are too many special talents rising on the offense to allow it to go to waste any longer. 

On 9/22/2018 at 10:04 PM, hoosier8760 said:

We will squeak out one more win the rest of the year, and finish 4-8. You heard it here first. Why I let myself become emotionally invested in IU football I’ll never know. 

Well it certainly looks like your prediction to going to be fact...I am disappointed,I thought they would at least get bowl eligible...but they seem to have played their best football earlier in the season..cause they suck now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 9:35 AM, Indykev said:

Maybe some people want to take back their posts that guaranteed a 4-8 season. Those posts didn't age well :coffee:

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Maybe some people want to take back their posts that guaranteed a 4-8 season. Those posts didn't age well :coffee:

Worse yet.  I once bought a whole house humidifier with a life-time guarantee.  Only problem.... the company went out of business in less than one year after I purchased it. And the humidifier failed after the second year I bought it.  Since then, I have always been leery of guarantees of any type. 

39 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I think everyone should breath a sigh of relief that we were home today. That is worth two points just with the extra rest. Now close your eyes for next week because Michigan is at home, they have to rack up points for bowl/playoff respect, and we had better be ready to play because if we lay down they will just keep stomping. 

1 hour ago, Payday said:

I think everyone should breath a sigh of relief that we were home today. That is worth two points just with the extra rest. Now close your eyes for next week because Michigan is at home, they have to rack up points for bowl/playoff respect, and we had better be ready to play because if we lay down they will just keep stomping. 

Michigan will be a heavy favorite to stomp IU, but they'll have Ohio State looming on the horizon. I predict  IU will either get destroyed or win. No close loss this time out.Lol 

8 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Michigan will be a heavy favorite to stomp IU, but they'll have Ohio State looming on the horizon. I predict  IU will either get destroyed or win. No close loss this time out.Lol 

It is a fantastic venue, if you are Michigan. We were there two years ago and it was sleeting before the game. We were invited into the booster suite area where they were serving food, large leather chairs, glass, warmth, etc. We couldn’t run up the stairs to the elevator fast enough. Lol. That was a great group of linemen parents. Friend was a character. He saw us leaving and smarted off about being QB parents running for shelter. 

5 minutes ago, rico said:

When talking about DeBord.........Minnesota fired their DC this past Sunday.  

You aren’t seriously expecting someone to defend deboring are you 🤣. Give me the authority and I will personally go to the stadium and fire him and i might pay his damn contract.

1 minute ago, Payday said:

It is a fantastic venue, if you are Michigan. We were there two years ago and it was sleeting before the game. We were invited into the booster suite area where they were serving food, large leather chairs, glass, warmth, etc. We couldn’t run up the stairs to the elevator fast enough. Lol. That was a great group of linemen parents. Friend was a character. He saw us leaving and smarted off about being QB parents running for shelter. 

Funny story and cool! Thanks for the share! I've heard nothing but great things about the game atmosphere experience live in-person up there. I've talked with and read many an OSU fan who raved about going to a game(s) in the Big House. Bucket list stuff.

1 minute ago, Payday said:

You aren’t seriously expecting someone to defend deboring are you 🤣. Give me the authority and I will personally go to the stadium and fire him and i might pay his damn contract.

LOL......I am just pointing out you can fire coaches in the season.  It worked for Minny with their DC......not so much with Oklahoma.

19 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

Glad I was wrong...but really? Is 5-7 that much different? We're either gonna have to shock the world or beat the Brohmermakers to get six....which I think either is a tall order. But I hope we do it!

5-7 might get us to a bowl?

4 hours ago, hoosier8760 said:

Glad I was wrong...but really? Is 5-7 that much different? We're either gonna have to shock the world or beat the Brohmermakers to get six....which I think either is a tall order. But I hope we do it!

I believe with the expansion of the number of bowl games, that there have been 5 win teams making it to a bowl game. Though it has been a rare exception. And minor, minor bowls.  However, with the quality of teams nation wide this year, I doubt it will happen this year.  Agreed.... won't be easy for our Hoosiers to get to six. 

Hey.... thanks for being a part of the family.  Nothing wrong with telling it like you see it.   I just did not see 4 wins in our future at the time you guaranteed it.  Glad you made it back. 

Edit to add, from 3 years ago :

Not enough six-win teams; multiple five-win teams needed to fill bowls 

Archived