Comical Archie Miller Analysis

FKIM01

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This is why I enjoy slumming over at the Purdue Rivals forum...never post...just keep my popcorn out for gems like this:

You want to know what I think about Archie Miller?

Ok, but make sure youre sitting down because you arent going to like what Ive found.

I think hes a bad coach. Not an average coach, a bad one. Thats my opinion and the stats back it up. I genuinely can not find any evidence that hes a good coach. Best ever team was 39th. No top 25 defense, only one top 25 offense. Was horrible last season coming in at 71.

For someone to coach for 7 years and never have one of the 38 best teams in the nation any of those years is telling.

Crean is for sure a better coach. That really isnt even debatable. Creans had six top 15 teams in his coaching career, including 3 at Marquette before coaching at Indiana.

Hes had 8 years with a better team than Millers best team ever in efficiency margin.

Outside of Creans first 3 rebuild years with walkons, he never had as bad a team as bad as Archie had last year. The closest was 2014 , but Creans team was still a point better.

I actually think this season is huge for Millers coaching career. He basically needs to make the tournament this season, IMO, or he is going to be at a major risk of being fired after the 2019-20 season otherwise. This season pretty much dictates whether he will have staying power at Indiana or end up back at a mid major. I think the odds are against him to be at Indiana a long time unless he can make the tournament both the next 2 years, which IMO Indiana is a dog to do.
Β 
This post is so stupid, I'm having a hard time believing he's serious about everything and not just trolling.
Oh...and of course those brainiacs completely buy Lindy's pick of Purdue finishing 2nd in the conference even though they readily acknowledge how far off many of the other predictions and rankings in that piece of rubbish.
When things get a little slow here like they did today, thank God for the idiots posting on GBI.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During rather slow times like this I like to read what those goofs are saying.Β  It's downright comical how deluded some (most) of their regulars are.

It seems they post opinions based solely on what they want to believe, exaggerating their own teams greatness and IU's failures (see the prediction thread with how Romeo will disappoint).

The other noteworthy trait of that board is how quickly any PU fan is labelled a "troll" for saying anying positive about IU.Β  And finally, as the Ivy league of the midwest (lol) they flaunt their academic superiority through the incoherent posts of Eastern's momma's ramblings.

Β 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

There are moonbats in every fan base.Β  IUgradman is over on the rivals board demanding that McRobbie and Glass be terminated immediately due to Saturday night's loss.

Looks like I need to visit IU's Rivals site as well.Β  I did one time, but found it absolutely depressing.

PU fans are scared at what Archie is doing at IU. And they should be. PUΒ has small windows of opportunityΒ about every 4 or 5 years and all they have to show for it under Painter are Sweet 16's.Β They have no concept of what itΒ is like to have a Top 10-15 program year in and year outΒ and it scares them that their most hated rival is heading in that direction. They know this rivalry is about to be heavily lopsided in our favor once again, but this time it will be that way for a long, long time.Β 

Take a look at this gem...

"For years, Burger King did not have a true marketing department. They just followed the McDonald guys around and built a store where ever McDonalds did. Maybe Li'l Archie is adopting the same policy. Just follow Matt Painter around and offer the kids he does? It's been working for Izzo. Why not for the little guy?"

burger king love GIF

13 minutes ago, cybergates said:

"For years, Burger King did not have a true marketing department. They just followed the McDonald guys around and built a store where ever McDonalds did. Maybe Li'l Archie is adopting the same policy. Just follow Matt Painter around and offer the kids he does? It's been working for Izzo. Why not for the little guy?"

burger king love GIF

That is some high quality delusion.

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

burger king love GIF

πŸ˜‚...now you see why I am entertained.Β  I'd like to get some of those mushrooms they are passing around over there...

Now they're all jazzed about a rag named Blue Ribbon naming Carson Edwards preseason POY.Β  They sound pretty convinced he's the best player in the country and yet, I can't find him anywhere in the first round in any of the mock drafts I looked at (and I looked at half a dozen to be sure).Β  Romeo is showing up consistently as a lottery pick in the 4-10 range and Chris Wilkes shows up middle of the first round, assuming Stevie Mediocre doesn't hurt his draft stock too bad this year.Β  Darius Garland showed up around Wilkes' level in most drafts I saw.

So seriously...how does a pre-season NPOY not show up anywhere in the first round?Β  I get the potential argument, but according to GBI, he's NBA level right now...LOL...

Archived