Comical Archie Miller Analysis

FKIM01

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

A little tougher,imo.....

Which of the 3 original Charlie's Angels?

Jill (Farrah Fawcett)

Sabrina (Kate Jackson)

Kelly (Jaclyn Smith)

Like most young guys growing up in the 70's i had the Farrah swimsuit, i so happy to see you, poster so i am Jill through and through. Until recently i did not realize how much of a smoke show Linda Carter was 

17 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

Marry Ann (not close)

Sabrina / Kelly (too close to call)

I went over to the black and Gold. I didn't think it was too bad. They're wound pretty tight ... about how I remember Purdue fans from back in the day ... 

It's not all bad...just seems like there are plenty of examples that make HTD look like a conservative sober basketball savant.  At times, I am almost rolling on the floor at the crazy things some of them say.

Yep. Funny for sure. We have some of that in our fanbase too. I have no doubt I've crossed over to stupid from time to time.

To me, it just comes across like they're trying to convince themselves of something.

I really liked their team last year and I thought Purdue was going deep in the tournament. And I was wrong.

10 hours ago, Ranger78 said:

Yep. Funny for sure. We have some of that in our fanbase too. I have no doubt I've crossed over to stupid from time to time.

To me, it just comes across like they're trying to convince themselves of something.

I really liked their team last year and I thought Purdue was going deep in the tournament. And I was wrong.

The Haas injury derailed that.......as far as the Purdue sites I don't go there.  I don't need to.  I get plenty of comedy relief from my "Purdue" family members on a daily basis.  One happens to be my Father. 

My first tv/movie crush was Haley Mills as a wee lad.
But I'll go with Marsha Brady, Mary Ann, Kate Jackson, & Bailey Quarters (also was quite impressed with Tanya Roberts when she joined the angels)

It just occurred to me that our fantasies about these ladies are similar to Purdue fans' dreams of a Nat Championship (ie unrealistic).

Here's another absolute idiot on that forum:

You don't think eight years from now Archie will be saying the same thing. Crean got an extremely lucky draw in one tourney and lucked into Dwayne wade and made it to a final four. Archie lucked into the draw he got in one NCAA tourney and made an elite eight. Neither one has done anything in the tournament since

To their credit, another Purdue  poster pointed out that Crean's Marquette team was a 3 seed and beat both  the 1 and the 2 to get to the final four.  He also pointed out that Miller's Dayton team beat several higher seeds to get to the E8.  Gave Michigan's run to the title last year as an example of an easy draw/busted bracket.
So, there are some pretty knowledgeable fans there, but they usually get accused of being an IU fan when they show some intelligence...think about that for a moment.

Archived