Comical Archie Miller Analysis

FKIM01

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, it's at least a few levels of morality above gawking at car wrecks or making fun of disabled kids.

Who knows...I mean people ask STBoiler why he comes here regularly, but I can identify to a degree, although I haven't cared enough what was said over there to sign up and defend IU's honor.  Reading is enough entertainment for me.

Touche......

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PU arguments that always cracks me up:

IU isn't elite,  haven't won a national title since 87.  Purdue has been more relevant the last 20 years.

I am 34 and remember watching IU play in the final 4 twice.  It was 4 years before I was born the last time PU made a Final 4.

"IU fans bragging about banners are living in the past..."

Yet they pull out the  "we have the head-to-head advantage. "  Despite the fact the entire advantage they have against us occurred before WWII. 

2 hours ago, Andy06 said:

"IU fans bragging about banners are living in the past..."

Yet they pull out the  "we have the head-to-head advantage. "  Despite the fact the entire advantage they have against us occurred before WWII. 

I've always said this, too. They also like to bring up the fact that they've won the most Big Ten championships with 23. They conveniently leave out that 13 of them were before IU won its FIRST championship in 1940.

2 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I've always said this, too. They also like to bring up the fact that they've won the most Big Ten championships with 23. They conveniently leave out that 13 of them were before IU won its FIRST championship in 1940.

I forgot about that part of the argument,  thanks beerbq for the reminder.   You are 100% right.

It's even funnier when they try to argue their Helms "championship" that was given to them should count as a national title when it occurred before we even won our first dusty banner.

They are the only fanbase I've ever seen that references all-time series in any argument. And the only reason they have one more Big Ten title than we do is because they were allowed to keep a title from a year where they vacated a handful of games due to an ineligible player.

On 9/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, FKIM01 said:

Here's another absolute idiot on that forum:

You don't think eight years from now Archie will be saying the same thing. Crean got an extremely lucky draw in one tourney and lucked into Dwayne wade and made it to a final four. Archie lucked into the draw he got in one NCAA tourney and made an elite eight. Neither one has done anything in the tournament since

To their credit, another Purdue  poster pointed out that Crean's Marquette team was a 3 seed and beat both  the 1 and the 2 to get to the final four.  He also pointed out that Miller's Dayton team beat several higher seeds to get to the E8.  Gave Michigan's run to the title last year as an example of an easy draw/busted bracket.
So, there are some pretty knowledgeable fans there, but they usually get accused of being an IU fan when they show some intelligence...think about that for a moment.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

44 minutes ago, IUaic said:

I should have not have laughed at this, but I couldn't help it. Back to sensitivity training.

Yeah, I hesitated to post because I thought the PC police might get me, but also found it interesting that it was ok for a show like Quantum Leap to do that years ago without issue.

8 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Yeah, I hesitated to post because I thought the PC police might get me, but also found it interesting that it was ok for a show like Quantum Leap to do that years ago without issue.

I am more concerned about where I get one of those Bullwinkle t-shirts.  Gotta have one!

Archived