Rutger Pregame Thread

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Ramsey is a decent QB but I like Penix better due to his potential.  Will Ramsey ever be able to show the ability to throw the deep ball? I think he's more of a game manager than someone who can go win a game for you like DJ mentioned above.  Here's my question to everyone here: how many other teams in the B1G would Ramsey start for? 1 or 2 maybe?

I think Ramsey is good enough to get to a bowl game which should be the goal this year.  We will likely lose to OSU, PSU, and Michigan no matter what we do.  Preserving Penix red shirt should be a priority because of his potential. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The criticism on Ramsey coming from last Saturday is coming from preconceived notion, not anything that happened against MSU.  Both Allen and Hiller said that O-line was the problem.  I thought that was blatantly obvious.  It was pure survival mode out there for any QB and thankfully Ramsey has good pocket instincts.  Allen praised Ramsey's play.  I really don't get the animosity.  Is he Sudfeld?  No.  Did Sudfeld win any truly big games either?  No.

15 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The criticism on Ramsey coming from last Saturday is coming from preconceived notion, not anything that happened against MSU.  Both Allen and Hiller said that O-line was the problem.  I thought that was blatantly obvious.  It was pure survival mode out there for any QB and thankfully Ramsey has good pocket instincts.  Allen praised Ramsey's play.  I really don't get the animosity.  Is he Sudfeld?  No.  Did Sudfeld win any truly big games either?  No.

Sudfeld never had the defense Ramsey has so...apples and oranges.

19 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Perfection 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Btw.. no more time then we had sat night, we should have gotten whipppped with sudfeld as QB

You are killin' me.  I would take Nate every day of the week and twice on Sundays over Ramsey.  Ramsey gonna be an NFL QB?  Cause if he isn't then you can't play him twice on Sundays.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

You are killin' me.  I would take Nate every day of the week and twice on Sundays over Ramsey.  Ramsey gonna be an NFL QB?  Cause if he isn't then you can't play him twice on Sundays.

You didnt read what I posted. If you cant block, QBs are irrelevant. At any level. I LOVE Sudfeld and he is the best pocket passer we've ever had, but Sat night a guy like him would have been sacked so many times it would have been awful. You do know Sudfeld played behind 2 AA OL and another who made a practice squad? 

If we're going to be frustrated with anyone it should Hiller and the 5 guys upfront. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You didnt read what I posted. If you cant block, QBs are irrelevant. At any level. I LOVE Sudfeld and he is the best pocket passer we've ever had, but Sat night a guy like him would have been sacked so many times it would have been awful. You do know Sudfeld played behind 2 AA OL and another who made a practice squad? 

If we're going to be frustrated with anyone it should Hiller and the 5 guys upfront. 

Once again, you talk about your lifetime.  

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Bingo. Thanks!

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

I just love solid QB play. Kid is tough. It's going to be like his 9th start this coming weekend. You all act like he's bad. Hes thrown 17 TDs and 9 INTs in like 10 full games, basically. What is there not to like? The complaining about the playcalling is soooo annoying. Tell me what plays we should be running instead of what we ran... tell me how we can run the ball better when we cant block someone...why do we think we had to throw so many short passes? 

I believe my perception isn't as much the play calling as it is our sets coming out on offense.  I feel I know exactly what we are going to run when we line up.  If I know it, it's likely the opposing d coordinator and defense knows.  Which is ok when we can run.  The play action obviously becomes more valuable.  When our o line is pushing holes open and Scott is 4 yards down field before getting touched....  The defense is defenseless no matter what they may know.

MSU turned us one dimensional, which for the most part would have been fine if we were able to take advantage of it more.  Seemed we were that much easier to read.

To the staffs credit, I do not believe we had any more long passes into the flat with 1 on 1 coverage.

Lastly, I think we can agree on a few things.  We got pushed around last week.  No one here believes Ramsey is going to be the next Peyton Manning and no one believes he is terrible.  Ramsey's numbers are decent no matter how he got them.  They work in fantasy football and in game. There is no mancrush from me or likely one from Btownqb, only respect for his game.  We are all looking forward to tomorrow.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
See the game day essentials, how IU and Rutgers match up, and our prediction.  4-0 record on the predictions so far, and quite frankly we'd all be stunned if this one is wrong.  Hopefully the only question is the margin.

You're Killing Me Smalls . Err, I mean THD.  As you continue to hit it out of the park... with your articles.

And thanks.... so much for sharing them with us .... on Hoosier Sports Nation. 

Archived