Rutger Pregame Thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2018/9/27/17904634/indiana-vs-rutger-game-preview-odds-how-to-watch-and-more

Here's the article in case anybody wants to read it.  I'll share this meme about the article.  You've been warned.  Let's just say the first two sentences go, "Congrats. We all just dove head first once again and committed suicide."  What a moron.

Image result for i award you no points

7 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Btown is talking about the part about Ramsey, which I would say most people agree with CQ on that one. 

The idiot literally says, "Ramsey was under duress all evening" and then proceeds to complain about Ramsey passing percentage lol Peyton completed 70% of his throws the other night with one or two guys in his face the entire time. The only "miss that was a bad miss was on the last possession when he didnt lead Hale on the skinny post... if that's a good throw its probably a TD. He also says "I argued in Ramseys favor last week" but now hes off the bandwagon... ummm what? The Msu game seriously changed your opinion? And then he wants to play Penix on Saturday and risk his redshirt??? Wtf. 

What exactly does this "writer" mention about Ramsey that "most people would agree on" ?

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2018/9/27/17904634/indiana-vs-rutger-game-preview-odds-how-to-watch-and-more

Here's the article in case anybody wants to read it.  I'll share this meme about the article.  You've been warned.  Let's just say the first two sentences go, "Congrats. We all just dove head first once again and committed suicide."  What a moron.

Image result for i award you no points

How terrible was that garbage... never opening that website up again. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

How terrible was that garbage... never opening that website up again. 

They used to try to run a somewhat serious site.  My impression is that they are being intentionally obnoxious (while still writing posts) as some form of protest against the SB Nation culture.  They actually didn't write any content for almost the entire summer.

https://deadspin.com/how-sb-nation-profits-off-an-army-of-exploited-workers-1797653841

28 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

From Rutgers naming a starting QB, what to expect with their home crowd, to even finding a way to have some fun with Purdue -- we take a look at what the Rutgers media is saying about tomorrow's game.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indiana-at-rutgers-what-the-scarlet-knight-media-is-saying/

Another fine piece.  Just judging.....it very well might look like an IU home game.

59 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

He's not a good enough QB to lead us to victory against good teams. He's fine against Ball State.

He's the best QB on our roster. I couldn't disagree more with your opinion. Too bad we couldn't run at all on Saturday night, which was the actual problem with Saturday evening. 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

He's not a good enough QB to lead us to victory against good teams. He's fine against Ball State.

And other than Nate Sudfeld.. what QBs have led us to victories over good teams? 

I remember Lewis beating Iowa once. 

Who else wins all these big games for us?

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They just won all kinds of big games, huh? We have like a 40% winning percentage as a program as a whole. We've been to 4 bowls in my lifetime. Ramsey isnt the reason we aren't beating "the good teams". 

Well Clifford beat an undefeated BYU team in the Holiday Bowl.  The Cougars had a QB by the name of Marc Wilson.  Schnell beat tOSU and Michigan in the same season.  Sorry about your lifetime.  But mine spans quite a bit more evidently.  Mallory made it to 6 bowls in 8 years.  The 2 he didn't we were 5-6.  Need I continue?  History lessons are free.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Schnell, Green, Clifford, and Dittoe?

You must be vastly mis-remembering the impact those 4 had on their teams. 

For their careers:

Schnell 27 TDs 31 INTs 5500 yards, 600 yards rushing 15 TDs. 56% completion percentage. 47 games. Rating: 124 

Green 23 TDs 31 INTs. 5400 yards, 540 yards rushing 20 TDs. 56% completion percentage.  45 games. Rating: 118

Clifford 31 TDs 32 INTs 4300 yards, 223 yards rushing 13 TDs. 53% completion percentage. 45 games. Rating: 117

Dittoe 14 TDs 14 INTs 3200 yards, -241 yards rushing 9 TDs. 52% completion percentage. 32 games. Rating: 109

During Schnell's 4 years on campus we went 27-19-1. Green we were 23-21-1. Dittoe we were 19-27. Clifford we were 23-21-1. 

Not sure how many "big" games we won then. 

Ramsey (in his first 12 games of starting or playing) has thrown 17 TDs and 9 INTs 2000 yards. 345 yards rushing, 3 TDs. 68% completion percentage. 12 games. Rating: 131 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Well Clifford beat an undefeated BYU team in the Holiday Bowl.  The Cougars had a QB by the name of Marc Wilson.  Schnell beat tOSU and Michigan in the same season.  Sorry about your lifetime.  But mine spans quite a bit more evidently.  Mallory made it to 6 bowls in 8 years.  The 2 he didn't we were 5-6.  Need I continue?  History lessons are free.

I just gave you one... QBs that threw more INTs than TDs.... fun stuff. Schnell also hadn't the ball off to a decent player didn't he? 

Just now, btownqb said:

You must be vastly mis-remembering the impact those 4 had on their teams. 

For their careers:

Schnell 27 TDs 31 INTs 5500 yards, 600 yards rushing 15 TDs. 56% completion percentage. 47 games. Rating: 124 

Green 23 TDs 31 INTs. 5400 yards, 540 yards rushing 20 TDs. 56% completion percentage.  45 games. Rating: 118

Clifford 31 TDs 32 INTs 4300 yards, 223 yards rushing 13 TDs. 53% completion percentage. 45 games. Rating: 117

Dittoe 14 TDs 14 INTs 3200 yards, -241 yards rushing 9 TDs. 52% completion percentage. 32 games. Rating: 109

During Schnell's 4 years on campus we went 27-19-1. Green we were 23-21-1. Dittoe we were 19-27. Clifford we were 23-21-1. 

Not sure how many "big" games we won then. 

Ramsey (in his first 12 games of starting or playing) has thrown 17 TDs and 9 INTs 2000 yards. 345 yards rushing, 3 TDs. 68% completion percentage. 12 games. Rating: 131 

Look at the bowls.

Archived