Hoosier Hysteria - Recruit Discussion

Iuprof

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

890873280_ScreenShot2018-09-28at4_10_21PM.png.62ac6b1475a83583706dc0a2b590bebf.png

Love hearing stuff and stories like this. Thanks for posting! I also really like Coach takes the players and families out to public places....one of our greatest assets is our fans. For families and recruits to get a glimpse of that feeling is very important....at least I think it is. 

Hah, maybe a little to much thought into it, or liquid courage? But when I read the post about the resteraunt incident, I took the food announcement as being ignorant about Hoosier Basketball. Took it as why Archie responded the way he did. Not what you want to present about Hoosier Fandom to the recruits! But going back and rereading it was probably completely innocent?

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

Did they walk the recruits across the court like last year?  Also, was the turnout good considering it was held so early in the day?

Nope, they had the recruits in a section across from the bench that they had reserved but they did not parade them.  When the people saw TJD they gave him a huge ovation but most did not see Brooks come in.  I saw the sit up about 15 rows from the court at half court for most of the introductions but I looked over later and did not see them.  I was thinking I hope they did not get up because they were bored but I saw them waking with the team to the locker room after the scrimmage.

6 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Hah, maybe a little to much thought into it, or liquid courage? But when I read the post about the resteraunt incident, I took the food announcement as being ignorant about Hoosier Basketball. Took it as why Archie responded the way he did. Not what you want to present about Hoosier Fandom to the recruits! But going back and rereading it was probably completely innocent?

No I took it as Archie teasing Romeo because Romeo wasn’t getting up and getting his food so Archie was teasing Romeo!

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

For all the funny comments we made about the recruits looking bored at Iowa and UCLA etc.. i could have posted 100 pics of the same thing yesterday. Thats just the young man of today. KB spent morw time on his phone than anything.  Not a knock just reality of todays youth 

It may be today's youth, but I do think it's something coaches should consider when building a team.  Do you take the 5-star that's self-absorbed, or the 4-star that takes a genuine interest in their surroundings.  Yeah, the 5 star may be the better player, with the better pro potential.  But, when push comes to shove, which one is going to give what it takes for team/program success.  It's a quandry that's always existed to some degree, but seems to be getting more and more prevalent these days.

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It may be today's youth, but I do think it's something coaches should consider when building a team.  Do you take the 5-star that's self-absorbed, or the 4-star that takes a genuine interest in their surroundings.  Yeah, the 5 star may be the better player, with the better pro potential.  But, when push comes to shove, which one is going to give what it takes for team/program success.  It's a quandry that's always existed to some degree, but seems to be getting more and more prevalent these days.

I agree but it wasn't just the 5 star guys. It was most of rhe recruits men and women and most of the fans in that age group.  Its all about instant gratification 

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

For all the funny comments we made about the recruits looking bored at Iowa and UCLA etc.. i could have posted 100 pics of the same thing yesterday. Thats just the young man of today. KB spent morw time on his phone than anything.  Not a knock just reality of todays youth 

Maybe he was texting everyone about how much fun he was having or how cool the experience is

Archived