Hoosier Hysteria - Recruit Discussion

Iuprof

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Lol at some of you guys. “Kids these days. Looking at your phone isn’t how you’re supposed to have fun! Instant gratification!”

My point was the many on here were all over the pics of recruits on visits to other schools saying how bored they looked. I was sayi ng the same could be said at HH. Yes instant gratification attention spans are very short. I have 2 kids in that age group and when we go to games at any level they soend more time on phone than watching 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

My 

My point was the many on here were all over the pics of recruits on visits to other schools saying how bored they looked. I was sayi ng the same could be said at HH. Yes instant gratification attention spans are very short. I have 2 kids in that age group and when we go to games at any level they soend more time on phone than watching 

And that point was fair. It’s certainly not a reason to not recruit 5 star players, as fouls outlandishly stated. 

45 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It’s literally what you said. 

No.  What I said was it gives the coach something else to think about.  That does not mean you dont recruit that player.  I look at it as just another factor on the checklist a coach has.  Some coaches may not care.  Others might.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My 

I'm reading this thread on my phone, right now, so your point is... 

12 hours ago, Muckraker said:

I'm reading this thread on my phone, right now, so your point is... 

My point is. The recruits at times looked bored.   hell Coach Miller looked bored at times.  All i was saying that after each visit that KB had or TJD had posters were saying look how bored they are etc...  how that team has no chance to land them. I was stating at any given point a pic could have been taken at HH and we could say the same thing. Does not always tell the story.  

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My point is. The recruits at times looked bored.   hell Coach Miller looked bored at times.  All i was saying that after each visit that KB had or TJD had posters were saying look how bored they are etc...  how that team has no land to land them. I was stating at any given point a pic could have been taken at HH and we could say the same thing. Does not always tell the story.  

Agree. Our photo pass from Disney last week captured some interesting facial expressions.

I get super annoyed at people with their face buried in cell phones constantly. However, I’m guilty of it myself at times.

Some photos can tell a story. Some can also be misinterpreted. When you have thousands of people dissecting a photo while searching for a recruiting lead.....yeah, you get the picture. Or do you?

14 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Agree. Our photo pass from Disney last week captured some interesting facial expressions.

I get super annoyed at people with their face buried in cell phones constantly. However, I’m guilty of it myself at times.

Some photos can tell a story. Some can also be misinterpreted. When you have thousands of people dissecting a photo while searching for a recruiting lead.....yeah, you get the picture. Or do you?

Thats funny. I saw a report from a MLB where in a still pic of people sitting along the first base side in frst 20 rows something like 40 percent had head down looking at phone.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My point is. The recruits at times looked bored.   hell Coach Miller looked bored at times.  All i was saying that after each visit that KB had or TJD had posters were saying look how bored they are etc...  how that team has no chance to land them. I was stating at any given point a pic could have been taken at HH and we could say the same thing. Does not always tell the story.  

I don't disagree with most of what you're saying here. Where I'd make an additional point is, at Iowa, Trayce look bored/unhappy in the pic with Fran and other recruits when he knew a picture was being taken. Normally, you put your best foot forward in the posed pics.

Based on that picture,  yeah...I was pretty confident Iowa had no chance.

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't disagree with most of what you're saying here. Where I'd make an additional point is, at Iowa, Trayce look bored/unhappy in the pic with Fran and other recruits when he knew a picture was being taken. Normally, you put your best foot forward in the posed pics.

Based on that picture,  yeah...I was pretty confident Iowa had no chance.

I still have not heard why the Iowa trip. Was Carton even considering Iowa

Archived