Flash vs Substance

Drroogh

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, hoosierdaddy said:

No, but that's to their advantage.  Run the AAC on an annual basis and recruit kids that can't get into the blue-bloods academically.

I'd say they will still have some work to do in accomplishing that. That is a good basketball conference IMO. Cincy is always a tough team and UConn under Dan Hurley won't allow Memphis to dominate much....then add in Witchita St., Temple, and SMU I think that is a good competitive conference. I don't care what recruits Penny gets he is going to have his hands full to dominate that league. That's a conference full of 4 year players and you better recruit on an elite level EVERY year and more important really be able to coach or you will quickly get it handed to you. If he can win a couple league championships in his first 5-6 years then I'll give Penny all the credit in the world (given he stays clean). He will earn it there.

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'd say they will still have some work to do in accomplishing that. That is a good basketball conference IMO. Cincy is always a tough team and UConn under Dan Hurley won't allow Memphis to dominate much....then add in Witchita St., Temple, and SMU I think that is a good competitive conference. I don't care what recruits Penny gets he is going to have his hands full to dominate that league. That's a conference full of 4 year players and you better recruit on an elite level EVERY year and more important really be able to coach or you will quickly get it handed to you. If he can win a couple league championships in his first 5-6 years then I'll give Penny all the credit in the world (given he stays clean). He will earn it there.

I do think the NCAA is now set up for coaches to have clean success... the microscope is on them more than ever plus with the new one and done rule the kids that would normally get paid to play will go pro... I actually would love to see the NCAA implement a new rule of paying college athletes when this one and done new rule comes out in response to the NCAA fear of watered down basketball because “elite” players will no longer be in the schools! I understand for years it’s already worked with kids being able to go pro but back when that was allowed kids were getting paid without question giving them reason to stay a year!

Archived