Rutger Game Thread

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think just the opposite. You practice them against inferior opponents in in real time action so you do two things. 1) show opponents a new look and 2) actually practice them like I said in real time

I agree. Gives opponents something to think about and worry about for future games and provides good opportunities for practice. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

To be fair, if we have to resort to these tricks to beat Rutgers, we are finishing 4-8. 

There is zero chance that 4 wide to one side stack QB draw works against a team like OSU or PSU.  I got no problem using it here.  In fact I use that same formation against a team like Purdue or Maryland and run a totally different play.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There is zero chance that 4 wide to one side stack QB draw works against a team like OSU or PSU.  I got no problem using it here.  In fact I use that same formation against a team like Purdue or Maryland and run a totally different play.  

Which is exactly the reason you do a few wrinkles like this against a team like Rutgers. Few of the IU follows on twitter are pretty funny today. What are they expecting? We score 24 on the road in the first half and Rutgers lone TD was because of the penalty on 3rd down. I'm just saying let's be a tad realistic. Apparently KB thinks we are Bama. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Which is exactly the reason you do a few wrinkles like this against a team like Rutgers. Few of the IU follows on twitter are pretty funny today. What are they expecting? We score 24 on the road in the first half and Rutgers lone TD was because of the penalty on 3rd down. I'm just saying let's be a tad realistic. Apparently KB thinks we are Bama. 

And on their long run Jones and Crawford ran into each other and tripped one another or it would have been stuffed. 

I'm not unhappy about the first half, but we're doing the same things we've been doing that aren't going to work against the good teams.  Rutgers is just terrible so they work.  Hardly any passes more than 15 yards downfield, and inaccurate when attempted.  Not doing anything to get the running game going.  I liked the first trick play to Taylor, but the 2nd one was either poorly designed or poorly executed.  The ball went from QB to RB to WR and back to QB and it didn't move much more than 5 feet.  Nobody was fooled on that one.

I was hoping to either see us dominate on the ground or push the ball down the field.  I don't care if we can carve up Rutgers with 5-10 yard passes.  That isn't going to cut it against the top 5 teams on our schedule.

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I'd start with Ramsey.  If we go up another touchdown, I'd give Penix some time.

I would guess they're saving Penix at this point for if Ramsey gets hurt.  This would give them 2 games for Ramsey to miss with injury and not use up Penix's redshirt.  Then they can play him in the Purdue game and maybe in a bowl game.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rutgers lost to Buffalo 42-13 and Kansas 55-14, in case you guys forgot. Winning while keeping Rutgers within striking distance is not a good sign for this team. This needs to be a blow out. 

And teh game could very well end up being something like 45-7 when it is over.  What do you want?  I feel nothing in the sense that Rutgers is 'hanging around'.  They aren't.  We've scored 4 of the 5 times we've had the ball.

Archived