Rutger Game Thread

If this was IU basketball and they limped to the finish of a game v an inferior opponent, then the criticism and concerns would be justified,imo.

This is IU football. They won a conference game on the road. It's a step in the right direction on a very long road to becoming competitive in a very tough conference.

Ramsey is still just a sophomore. We started two freshmen in skill positions. We had several key kids out with injuries. Yet we won.

Next week is going to be ugly. The OL has been exposed and frankly is the one area of the team that has disappointed the last two weeks. Goal for next week is to come out of the game without being beat up. The only thing we'll have going in this game is that OSU will be coming off a huge game and may have a letdown.

4-1 and 1-1. IU has been a lot worse.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

We try to draw the other team offsides with the hard count on every other play.  It was a nice twist to add the motion on the hard call.

While that was one good play call that worked, we shouldn't have had to rely on that to win the game.

Can't argue with your logic here.  But then again, this is IUFB.  Lot's of trick plays throughout the game... and this play, as well, may have caused IU to win a game that they had a comfortable lead against Rutgers.... unlike a while back.  We're not OSU. Personally, I will take a W.... anyway we can get it.

Also, thanks for being a HSN member. 

I'm happy with the win.  Only a few days every year where we get to enjoy an IU football win.

Having said that, last week and this week don't give me a good feeling about how the rest of the season will end up.  Rutgers is a special kind of bad for a B1G team, and we had to hold them off in the 4th quarter while not scoring the entire 2nd half.

Hopefully we get some kinks worked out next week and get ready for Iowa.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol the "game manager" with 330 yards total offense and 2 TDs. Its lazy to complain about things on a message board. 

Ramsey is not a bad qb.  But how in the heck did we not get in the endzone in the second half?  Not blaming qb play but I just cant figure out how we couldnt even manage a field goal.  Against rutgers. Was it just poor field position starting drives?

11 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I know PoHoosier doesn’t suffer a win, but this is a win we should absolutely suffer. 

Yeah, that win didn't feel good.  Where was the team that showed up against Ball State?

We have to play better.  As Rutgers hung around, that annoying feeling in the pit of my stomach grew.  Happy to get a 'w', however, it wouldn't have been a win against 100 other FBS schools.

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ahhh OSU threw a short  pass and their athlete made a play in space... "but we use to quotes to say that's not how offense is now"

Exactly. I crack up at the genius coaches (or people who call them that) label......when the play they dial up is he you catch this screen pass and use your God given 4.2 speed and score please. So much scheme involved.

Archived