• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green

Langford

McRoberts

Morgan

Fitzner

I really liked how Durham looked in that scrimmage, but based off of off-season comments made about Green i'd probably say he's going to start out as the 1.

I think the third slot in that lineup is either going to be McRoberts or Smith but if I had to guess it would be McRoberts to start out the year. Got introduced at Hoosier Hysteria as the hardest working man in College Basketball.

I love the depth that we have on this year's team. Definitely think this team has the talent to be top 25, I could see top 15 or higher by the end of the year. 

Competition is going to be great in practice. Would love to sit and watch the guys go at it.

Because it was just a HH scrimmage, at this point I'll go:

Green 

Romeo - 

Smith

Morgan

Fitz (can see McBob starting, but Fitz's ability to spread the floor is clear, and he can pick and roll and put it on the floor)

Definitely looks like Al will challenge though, and if he continues to play like he showed in the scrimmage, I would bet on him starting at some point.

I know this doesn’t really answer the question, but what does everyone think of this lineup? (If/when De’Ron gets back to his normal playing level):

Green

Romeo

Juwan

Fitzner

De’Ron

IMO that lineup is lethal. So many scoring options. The size is obvious. I know there could be some potential weaknesses with it, and it’s also dependent on De’Ron being effective. But on paper, that lineup has every player playing in their optimal position. The spacing off the Green/Fitzner pick-and-roll game would be insane!

A lot of you have Smith at the three; just going to float it out there that he didn't play it at all last year and in the very limited video we saw he wasn't ever on the floor with two guys bigger than him. Anyone that was at the scrimmage remember seeing him play the 3?

9 hours ago, BENDOVER said:

I know this doesn’t really answer the question, but what does everyone think of this lineup? (If/when De’Ron gets back to his normal playing level):

Green

Romeo

Juwan

Fitzner

De’Ron

IMO that lineup is lethal. So many scoring options. The size is obvious. I know there could be some potential weaknesses with it, and it’s also dependent on De’Ron being effective. But on paper, that lineup has every player playing in their optimal position. The spacing off the Green/Fitzner pick-and-roll game would be insane!

Our offense i would think would be very good. Not sure that would be a  strong defensive line up

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

A lot of you have Smith at the three; just going to float it out there that he didn't play it at all last year and in the very limited video we saw he wasn't ever on the floor with two guys bigger than him. Anyone that was at the scrimmage remember seeing him play the 3?

He was on the wing during scrimmage i believe

Green

Romeo

McRoberts or Smith

Morgan

Fitz

When it comes to Mcroberts or Smith I think it depends on Archie’s philosophy. Obviously Smith is better but coaches don’t always play their 5 best players in the starting line up. 

Think the Pacers with O’Neal and Artest. Harrington came off the bench rather than starting O’Neal and Center. So Jeff Foster started over Harrington.  Harrington was clearly the better player but Foster served a role and Harrington provided a spark off the bench. 

51 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He was on the wing during scrimmage i believe

Yeah I wasn't thinking he posted up, he played on the wing last year as the 4. Was there ever an instance of him being out there with two bigs? I'm thinking he is considered a big by Archie. 

Green

Romeo

Smith

Morgan

Fitz

McBob can come in for 3 spots depending on early foul trouble, somebody draggin ass or not playing D.

Al looked really good @ HH and i think will get quite a bit of floor time, especially if "bad Green" shows up early.

I think Cliff and Jake will offer depth at the 5 and be able to be rim protectors and garbage men down low at the very least.

It should be an interesting year if nothing else!

i don't know that you take too much from that first scrimmage.  obviously everyone agrees on Langford and Morgan.  so... the other 3 spots?  seems that Smith is probably our 3rd best player, so i m for having him in the starting lineup.  based on the scrimmage Fitz looked solid.  so the question is can the 3 of them be on the floor together?  i would think yes personally.  Green or Durham?  tough call i guess.  i would still put my money on Green.  Jake looked good by all accounts!  as everyone is saying, McRoberts may start simply due to leadership, toughness, etc.  i guess i think Morgan and Fitz shoot it well enough as "post players" to overcome Smith not being a great shooting "3."  so i say

Green

Langford

Smith

Morgan

Fitz

still hoping Davis will be formidable down low at some point.  what are the projections for him to be fully participating?  

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

U are correct.  I am worried about our post up options 

I don't think we need to post up though. We need versatile guys who can switch and hedge on the perimeter and create space on offense. Would we really want a second guy posting up with Morgan? He blew up last year when he started getting space to operate. 

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think we need to post up though. We need versatile guys who can switch and hedge on the perimeter and create space on offense. Would we really want a second guy posting up with Morgan? He blew up last year when he started getting space to operate. 

Righthe needs space and is a face up option. I should have said outside of Juwan right now i see no post up options which makes our shooters easier to defend 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Righthe needs space and is a face up option. I should have said outside of Juwan right now i see no post up options which makes our shooters easier to defend 

I disagree with that. What team in modern basketball is posting up two guys?

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I disagree with that. What team in modern basketball is posting up two guys?

Not at the same time. Juwan is prone to foul trouble.  My post was not well thought out. Without Davis i do not see a true post player. Todays offenses work best when you have a guy in the post rhat forces team to either help from opposite or double down.  Quick kick out and ball reversal for open shots. If teams dont have to worry about doubling or helping low they can stay much closer to their man

More teams play a less or no help than do the pack line defense. When Juwan is on the bench we need someone to make the defense move

I don't post very often, but I do come here multiple times daily to keep updated.  This is my favorite forum and you don't know how thankful I am to be able to hear some of the recruiting tidbits that are shared. 

After watching the scrimmage I think the 4's and 5's will have a ton of competition.  Thompson played very well and looks like he could contribute a lot. Moore did some things I wasn't expecting (didn't trip over his own feet/looked tough under the basket). I think Forrester's minutes will get less once Davis shows he is able to play.

Anderson is  just a natural scorer and looked better than expected.    It is tough to really know what the rotation will be like, but when a real game comes the cream will rise.  I don't expect Hunter and Anderson to both minutes and I don't expect Thompson and Moore to both get minutes.  I can see there being 11 in the rotation, if there is foul trouble,at the beginning and maybe 12 once Davis gets back.  

Green                                                       Durham/Phinisee

Romeo                                                     Hunter/Anderson

Captain McBob                                      Smith

Captain Morgan                                      Thompson/Moore

Fitz                                                            Davis/Forrester

3 hours ago, Hoosier98 said:

Green                                                       Durham/Phinisee

Romeo                                                     Hunter/Anderson

Captain McBob                                      Smith

Captain Morgan                                      Thompson/Moore

Fitz                                                            Davis/Forrester

This is pretty much as how I see it. My only quibble is that I think Smith will also be the first backup at the 4 and get minutes there. 

Archived