Should IU Fans Be Concerned About Corruption Trial

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you should be worried just like any other big time program. What worries me the most is that Romeo's dad had that AAU program and received money from Addias which on its own is not against the rules.  I just hope he did everything legal but who knows what benefits he received that could have steered Romeo a certain direction.

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The way I understand this is these transactions are between shoe companies and recruits/families?  If there is no involvement from the school or coaches how could they sanction a program?

Maybe IU won't be hit with sanctions but if Romeo is ruled ineligible then it hurts the program.

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

The way I understand this is these transactions are between shoe companies and recruits/families?  If there is no involvement from the school or coaches how could they sanction a program?

I think it comes down to either knowing about it and/or simply using an ineligible player.  It's certainly possible "innocent" schools could face punishment under "the buck stops here" policy.  The reason that policy was put in place to begin with was to eliminate all the plausible deniability that coach Cal was using at every stop.  At some point, it gets pretty hard to believe that no one at the school had any idea why the poor inner city kid is driving a new Ferrari on campus...

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Absolutely NOT HAPPENING. Really, zero reason to have this concern. This is how bad rumors start.

Bad Rumor?  IU fans have every reason to be concerned.  And it is warranted.  We are an Adidas school and that company is the focal point here.

22 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not saying anything will happen but with his name in this anything could happen.

I hear you, but I'm telling you, I am losing zero sleep here.

EDIT: OK...don't agree that it was political, but understand the nature of zero tolerance here and agree that we should be apolitical on this forum so I'll accept the edit.

15 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

The only recent recruit that worries me somewhat would be Noah.   That commitment was a surprise.  Hopefully nothing there but wouldn't be shocked.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Yeah Noah's decision was a surprise to other schools as well.

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I hear you, but I'm telling you, I am losing zero sleep here.

EDIT: I'm sorry...that was a complete BS edit, DJ.  You've defended far more political statements that you've made personally.

Because of some comments we have received, we are going back to the hard rule of NO POLITICS!  🙂  Even are best mods are being asked to go along.  Don't take it out on DJ!   

Archived