Ohio State Game Thread

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Debord finally decided to let Ramsey throw it down the field.  Overthrew the first one, and then has made some decent throws since.  Intercepted Haskins in there too.  OSU just scored to go up 21-17.

See while I have complained about Ramsey’s accuracy I agree with this post all the way.  The only way he is gonna get better and give IU a chance is to keep throwing the ball deep

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

I really wish we would have run the clock there.  I wouldn't put it past OSU to try and take some shots down field with 40 seconds left.

That or they give the FG up right back. They need to make a play or two so Urbs brings them n. 

Best offensive half of the season without question.  Not the best defensive half, but it's OSU.  With the bad fumble call and the fact that our receivers get held on just about every down, I'm good with where we are at half.

What I'd really like to see is IU come out and show that they can move the ball effectively in the second half.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As much grief as the OL has taken the last few weeks, they have played really well today. Ramsey has had a clean pocket for almost the entire game 

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we've put them in a lot better positions to succeed.  We've gone away from runs up the middle to start most sets of downs, and we've mixed in quick passes, screens, and deep throws to keep them off balance.  An unpredictable offense makes blocking so much easier, and the OL has taken advantage of it.  Hopefully they  keep in up in the 2nd half.

I thought that was clearly a fumble.  My son was complaining about it and I told him he would be saying the opposite if it was an OSU player that fumbled.  

I've not read the whole thread, but there are questions about Ramsey's accuracy????  He came into the game leading the conference at over 70%

Archived