First gold jersey of the season goes to....

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not quite sure how that matters.  In fact, I'm glad the thread was started, because it caught my eye.  Would not have known about it otherwise.

Thanks 5.  There was a reason why I posted it with a SIAP.  I, like you, did not, nor have I visited a pinned thread from four months ago. Pinned threads other than essential threads like rules, tend to get over looked  by me, and I am sure others over time just get passed over by many.  In fact we have talked about this in the past.

It's always been my belief that certain pinned threads need to be unpinned, and if something pertaining to that thread crops up, then any member can add to thread as a bump, which will make the thread relevant again.  Pinned threads are ok.  But over time they just become clutter.  There is a shelf life to all pinned threads. 

Over 10 years, I have seen many times where members have posted things other members have already posted.  And rather, than point it out, I have let it go..... thankful that they are willing to participate in this little great IU forum.

It was not my intent, nor will ever be, to step on the foot of another member, let alone a mod. 

----------------------------------

Peace to all.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks 5.  There was a reason why I posted it with a SIAP.  I, like you, did not, nor have I visited a pinned thread from four months ago. Pinned threads other than essential threads like rules, tend to get over looked  by me, and I am sure others over time just get passed over by many.  In fact we have talked about this in the past.

It's always been my belief that certain pinned threads need to be unpinned, and if something pertaining to that thread crops up, then any member can add to thread as a bump, which will make the thread relevant again.  Pinned threads are ok.  But over time they just become clutter.  There is a shelf life to all pinned threads. 

Over 10 years, I have seen many times where members have posted things other members have already posted.  And rather, than point it out, I have let it go..... thankful that they are willing to participate in this little great IU forum.

It was not my intent, nor will ever be, to step on the foot of another member, let alone a mod. 

----------------------------------

Peace to all.

Riiiiiight

I am so old, that I cringe when our jersey colors are referred to red and white, rather than Cream and Crimson.

I am so old, that I recall when Indiana license plates alternated yearly between Black and Gold, and Cream and Crimson.  And it was a true Cream and Crimson on those plates. Not red and white. 

7 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We're all just here for 5fouls, guys. Please run everything through him from now on.

Seriously,

I'm not the one that fired the first shot here.  Mile started a thread on a topic that had been mentioned in another thread with a totally different title.  BIG FREAKING DEAL.   It can, and does, happen to everyone.   It's certainly not a 'sin' worth getting called out for.  Not everyone reads every single post in every single thread.  

If it was a one time thing, I would probably have ignored it.  But, it's not.  There are an increasing number of personal jabs on the board, and I don't mean the good-natured ribbing type like when we make fun of BlueGrass for being a Kentuckian.  I'm talking about not so subtle jabs that give the appearance of serious dysfunction.  And, it's not just been mod at mod, but even some regular posters have been unnecessarily spanked.  

Maybe we've become too much of a family here that some don't even realize that the bickering is starting to take on a more negative tone.  But, from my perspective it is, and I don't think I'm the only one that has noticed it.  Maybe everyone should take a step back and ask whether this is the direction we want the board to go.

Rant over.

And maybe a 'make fun of blue" thread would bring everybody together.

You.know, the whole idea of something we all have in common, even more tha  our love for IU.   😀

Seriously, it has gotten snarky around here for some reason. I have had a few private conversations with some. So you are not the only one.

It happens sometimes, but it does seem a bit much lately as a whole.

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Seriously,

I'm not the one that fired the first shot here.  Mile started a thread on a topic that had been mentioned in another thread with a totally different title.  BIG FREAKING DEAL.   It can, and does, happen to everyone.   It's certainly not a 'sin' worth getting called out for.  Not everyone reads every single post in every single thread.  

If it was a one time thing, I would probably have ignored it.  But, it's not.  There are an increasing number of personal jabs on the board, and I don't mean the good-natured ribbing type like when we make fun of BlueGrass for being a Kentuckian.  I'm talking about not so subtle jabs that give the appearance of serious dysfunction.  And, it's not just been mod at mod, but even some regular posters have been unnecessarily spanked.  

Maybe we've become too much of a family here that some don't even realize that the bickering is starting to take on a more negative tone.  But, from my perspective it is, and I don't think I'm the only one that has noticed it.  Maybe everyone should take a step back and ask whether this is the direction we want the board to go.

Rant over.

Fouls, lighten up Francis! Seriously, all I said, in reply to the "siap," was that yes it had been posted. It wasn't a "personal jab" or whatever. It wasn't anything. You assumed something, and then Mile's long-winded reply about not stepping on anyone. How about not assuming? Come on man, lighten up.

As an aside, this is why we have pm's. If anyone has an issue they are always free to pm any of us mods. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Fouls, lighten up Francis! Seriously, all I said, in reply to the "siap," was that yes it had been posted. It wasn't a "personal jab" or whatever. It wasn't anything. You assumed something, and then Mile's long-winded reply about not stepping on anyone. How about not assuming? Come on man, lighten up.

Just now you call Mile's reply 'long-winded' and you don't consider that a personal jab either? You're not being as subtle as you think you are.

With that, I'm done sparring.  Let's talk IU basketball.  Nicely.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Just now you call Mile's reply 'long-winded' and you don't consider that a personal jab either. You're not bring as subtle as you think you are.

With that, I'm done sparring.  Let's talk IU basketball.  Nicely.

Who is sparring? On the one hand you take a big post directed at me, and then when I point out it was nothing, you come back with this. Yes, both you and Mile assumed that my simply pointing out it was already posted, in reply to "siap," was some kind of personal jab, which it wasn't. That's the point. I was never "sparring." If you want to address something, pm me or any of the other mods.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Who is sparring? On the one hand you take a big post directed at me, and then when I point out it was nothing, you come back with this. Yes, both you and Mile assumed that my simply pointing out it was already posted, in reply to "siap," was some kind of personal jab, which it wasn't. That's the point. I was never "sparring." If you want to address something, pm me or any of the other mods.

image.jpeg.315e3cf312bcd7ba890bf78942961edb.jpeg

Related image

8 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I thought this deserved its own thread anyway.  Not surprised Juwan set the tone during the first week, he seems to be totally locked in.  Does anyone know any specifics about the point system Archie uses to determine who gets the gold jersey for the week?

I sure don't but my suspicion is, it's going to be really hard to get it away from a warrior like Morgan.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing who has the ability to do it.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I sure don't but my suspicion is, it's going to be really hard to get it away from a warrior like Morgan.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing who has the ability to do it.

He really is a warrior. Now, if he has/can improve his FT shooting -- I want him to win a FT shooting award, then IU can win running away. As to who can take the next gold jersey, would be great to see Green get it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived