Trivia

rico

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Burt Shotten?

Yes,  Brooklyn Dodgers.  

I was listening to a show about a week ago where they were talking about "obscure"  MLB rules.  The manager and all coaches must wear a players uniform now.  Only exception is medical staff.  Don't know when the rule went into effect, but Burt was the last guy to wear street clothes while managing a game...IIRC it was 1950.  That time frame puts him managing Jackie Robinson.

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Patrick Corbin of the Nats became just the second player in history to walk 4 batters in the first inning of thier 1st playoff start who is the only other to do so?

Art Reinhart...just saw it on NBC's recap.  Looked him up and it was in the 1926 WS.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I did not know anything about it until I saw it this morning on Sportscenter.  I believe that Reinhart did not even get a batter out. 2 of the guys that he walked were ok players Mr. Ruth and Gehrig

From what I saw he walked 4 and gave up a hit and was pulled.  Evidently the Cards got out of the inning with only surrendering 1 run.  The Cards lost the game but won the series.  No mention of how it all transpired, but Reinhart never recorded an out.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Found a good one...

Who is the only player to hit grand slams in consecutive innings with the same 3 players on the same bases each time?

Pure guess Frank Robinson.  I know he hit 2 in same game. I believe back to back innings but no sure about who was on base. 

Who is only player to hit Grand Slams in same inning?

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Pure guess Frank Robinson.  I know he hit 2 in same game. I believe back to back innings but no sure about who was on base. 

Who is only player to hit Grand Slams in same inning?

Yessir!

For your question, "There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando."

Oh my God...I'm quoting ABBA songs...

• Haha 1

Gonna give you people the answer.  Still.... a good trivia question.  Who was the only Little League World Series player to hit a home run every time he had an official at bat ?

Answer.  Lloyd McClendon. From Gary, Indiana.  Hit a homer in all official times at the plate. Came to the plate more often than that. But opposing coaches chose to intentionally walk him, rather than give up a homer.

Lloyd McClendon remains a Little League 'Legend' | MLB.com

1 hour ago, rico said:

So I am watching the Oregon/Washington football game yesterday and a very interesting question is asked.  It seems that UW is one of three FBS schools whose football stadium can be accessed by water.

Can you name the other two?

Neyland Stadium (Tennessee), and McLane Stadium (Waco, TX...Baylor).

I knew the latter, had to look up the former...

So one more in the "2 grand slams in one game" column...

One player who accomplished the feat...

The first grand slam was the first of his career. The second was his last...

He's the only player from his position to accomplish the feat...

And, he eventually played for the Cincinnati Reds (although he wasn't when he hit the 2 Granny's in one game)

Who was he?

Edited by IUFLA