Trivia

rico

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Nope...got to go back just a little...

The World Series his team won included one of the most controversial plays in WS history...

That gave it away.  I was "dicked" on that one.  LOL  I was trying without looking it up...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

That gave it away.  I was "dicked" on that one.  LOL  I was trying without looking it up...

I figured that might be too much of a clue, but the only other one I could think of was, "What do they call a jock strap in Kansas City?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

An oldie but a goodie!

Nice trivia question my question my friend.  

Those were 2 good ones...you'd stump a lot of people with those 2 questions...John Hudek...maybe I ought to go down to my neighbor who "knows everything there is to know about the Astros" and ask him that one...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Starting QB in 1997 at ND over Montana? Had to look it up myself, but hated the idiot DUMP Devine for starting him and then having  the fortitude to bring in Montana to save the  game at the end?? 

God...didn't they portray him in "Rudy"? 

Rick something?

Edited by IUFLA

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This one is to easy for this place but hoping it will spawn some others.

Only 2 QB'S have ever started a playoff game  for head coach Bill Belichick, TB is obvious,  who is the other?

Haha. Only reason I know this one is because I'm a Canes fan. Good question though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wasn't Russ Hodges, but I believe Ernie Harwell was doing that game for the Dodgers

It is indeed Ernie Harwell.  But he was doing the game for the Giants.

However, the Dodgers are the ones that traded for him because Red Barber fell ill.  Ernie left the Dodgers after '49 and started broadcasting for the Giants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

It is indeed Ernie Harwell.  But he was doing the game for the Giants.

However, the Dodgers are the ones that traded for him because Red Barber fell ill.  Ernie left the Dodgers after '49 and started broadcasting for the Giants.

Darn. Always forget about Harwell.....and I probably shouldn't. Probably the NL fan in me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Has to be a pitcher right? Or maybe a guy who got a couple of hits and never played again? I have to go look now.

Haha...sorry. I thought it was a trivia question. Now I'll go take the test.

Got 11-20. Can't believe 2 of my misses. Won't forget the Tuffy Rhodes game ever. Harry had  him in Cooperstown after that one.

Edited by Seeking6