Trivia

rico

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

My player was actually not a starter in 84, but  was several years prior, he filled in at catcher in 85.

I have no clue on this one...

I know Howard Johnson played 3rd for the 84 Tigers, but he never played for the Chisox...

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

84 Tigers is the right team! Now just name the starting 3rd baseman. By the way my second most favorite player on the team. I became a fan of his when he played for the White Sox. I did grow up in the region after all! Name him!

Darn. Didn't remember him being there. Good question/trivia!! Was he on the Jeff Lebo program? How in the world did he have anything to do with 84.? Haha

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I think it is a well known fact that John Wayne played football at USC.  What fellow Trojan football player appeared in over 20 films with "The Duke?"

Got nothing because I apparently am one of the few who didn't know John Wayne played football at USC. Haha.

• Haha 1

Ok...sorry to derail the trivia part. I had to look up Wayne his movies,etc...didn't know he did voice work in Star Wars too??? He was Garindan. Jesus. Next thing someone is going to tell me is that John Wayne handed Neil Armstrong a beer when they landed on the moon and said what took you so long to get here??

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Alright...think "The Searchers" and "The Quiet Man" as well as having a starring role in a TV western series.

Ward Bond..."The Searchers" gave it away...just watched it last week...excellent movie...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ward Bond..."The Searchers" gave it away...just watched it last week...excellent movie...

Some would say that "The Searchers" was the greatest role that Wayne ever played.  As far as Bond, besides his role in "Wagon Train", his most famous role might be in "It's a Wonderful Life."  He played Bert, the cop.

• Like 1

Ok, what NFL running back was going to be the first in the history of the franchise he was playing for to rush for 1,000 yards, but after surpassing 1,000 yards late in the last game of the season, lost 6 yards on a subsequent play and finished with 995 yards?

Edited by IUFLA

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, what NFL running back was going to be the first in the history of the franchise he was playing for to rush for 1,000 yards, but after surpassing 1,000 yards late in the last game of the season, lost 6 yards on a subsequent play and finished with 995 yards?

Good one.  Hmmm, I would surmise it came in a 14 game schedule?  And that it was an expansion team?

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Well that really narrows it down.  LOL  So off the top of my head...Miami?  No.  Cincinnati?  Perhaps.  Seattle?  No.  Tampa?  No.  Atlanta?  Perhaps.  Am I forgetting someone?

Well, the Saints...but you already have the team in your post...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We'll, the Saints...but you already have the team in your post...

Well, I just can't believe it would be Miami.  They were good early on.  Seattle and Tampa didn't play very long with just a 14 game schedule.  So by my metrics that leaves Cincy and Atlanta.  I do believe the Bengals were pretty good in the early to mid 70's.  So I will stick with Atlanta to focus on and I don't know a damn thing about them other than Bartkowski.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, I just can't believe it would be Miami.  They were good early on.  Seattle and Tampa didn't play very long with just a 14 game schedule.  So by my metrics that leaves Cincy and Atlanta.  I do believe the Bengals were pretty good in the early to mid 70's.  So I will stick with Atlanta to focus on and I don't know a damn thing about them other than Bartkowski.

Paul Robinson had over 1,000 yards for the Bengals in their initial season (his rookie year) 1968...

So you have the team...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Good question. No clue on my end because I'm assuming it was either late 60's/early 70's. Like to know if he lost bonus $ for that? Haha

• Haha 1