Trivia

rico

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yep, Dave Hampton in 1972...

He finished 3 yards short of 1,000 the next year too...but he eventually got his, and the Falcons, first 1,000 yard rushing season in 1975...

Darn. Next year too? You'd think as they were getting closer they would have given him a buffer of at least 25 yards over the mark. Good question. I'll see if I can come up with a couple later on. Have to get outside for awhile and enjoy this odd looking yellow thing in the Indiana sky. 

• Like 1

Remember this game, and not sure how the rules of OT have changed but back in the day it was sudden death with kickoffs. What player scored probably the quickest NFL OT win in history with the First OT kickoff return touchdown?

Edited by Drroogh

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Bears vs. Lions...but somehow I think that record has been broken.

I tried to look the record up but they started with 80 yard touchdown passes. I think the kickoff return was a lot quicker! You could be right but at least it was the first! And you sir are correct about the teams! Probably going to be tough to come up with the player name as that play was about his only time to shine. His initials are DW

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I tried to look the record up but they started with 80 yard touchdown passes. I think the kickoff return was a lot quicker! You could be right but at least it was the first! And you sir are correct about the teams! Probably going to be tough to come up with the player name as that play was about his only time to shine. His initials are DW

I remember watching the game...but that is about it.

I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this bit of NFL history which I am sure even you experts won’t know. One of the most infamous moments in NFL history when a fumbled ball was picked up by a defensive lineman and ran 66 yards into the wrong end zone!

Give me either the running back who fumbled or the wrong way lineman.

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Remember this game, and not sure how the rules of OT have changed but back in the day it was sudden death with kickoffs. What player scored probably the quickest NFL OT win in history with the First OT kickoff return touchdown?

Darn. Actually knew this one as a Bears fan. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

OK....if you guys get this I'm retiring from trivia. Who is the only player to play on title winning team in both NBA and MLB? I think there is only 12 players ever to play in both leagues. I'll add one more tidbit after answer. 

My HS sweetheart's last name was Conley...true story.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rico said:

My HS sweetheart's last name was Conley...true story.

Wow. Funny stuff. Gene Conley is it. Played for Milwaukee Braves and Boston Celtics.The extra little tidbit was Chuck Conners (The Rifleman)  was 1 of only 12 who also played in NBA and MLB and was drafted by Bears in 1946 and was credited with shattering the first NBA backboard.

• Like 2