Trivia

rico

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The answer to the Complete Game trivia question is James Shields, who threw 11 CGs for Tampa Bay in 2011.  And, yes, Manny Ramirez played 5 games for the Rays that year.  

I'd have never guessed Big (Complete!) Game(s) James...

My trivia knowledge of the last 10 years or so sucks...attribute that to declining memory and curtailing my sports habit...the only thing I simply can't miss anymore is IU basketball...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

What former Cub and former WS champ was nicknamed "Mr. Clutch" as he was a remarkable 43-88 with the bases loaded?

Hint: At one point in his career he was traded for Bud Black.

Boy I should know this but trying to think of someone the Cubs would have gotten rid of that could do those numbers. Must be someone we gave up on early in his career and player flourished elsewhere. Drawing blanks. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Boy I should know this but trying to think of someone the Cubs would have gotten rid of that could do those numbers. Must be someone we gave up on early in his career and player flourished elsewhere. Drawing blanks. 

He made the AL AS-team as a member of the Tribe.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

He made the AL AS-team as a member of the Tribe.

Haha....got it now. I'll wait for others. Just add him to the list of 80's Cubs prospects where we held onto the ones that never flourished and let go the players that did. That list is long...I think we held onto Pie, Patterson, Griffin, Choi,etc...during those times.

Edited by Seeking6

37 minutes ago, rico said:

What former Cub and former WS champ was nicknamed "Mr. Clutch" as he was a remarkable 43-88 with the bases loaded?

Hint: At one point in his career he was traded for Bud Black.

I got this one...Pat Tabler...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I got this one...Pat Tabler...

Missed initially in my brain but when Rico mentioned Tribe it hit. Never know what might have been if stuck around...although we did get Steve Trout for him when traded to White Sox before he joined Cleveland. Tabler was one of those guys as Cubs fans you heard about and poof he was gone. 

• Like 2

So this one will probably be pretty easy compared to the other questions, but it seems to be a lot of fun doing this trivia. Who is the only player to hit two grand slams in one inning and while doing that set another record. Who was it and what was the other record that was set?

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

So this one will probably be pretty easy compared to the other questions, but it seems to be a lot of fun doing this trivia. Who is the only player to hit two grand slams in one inning and while doing that set another record. Who was it and what was the other record that was set?

No clue on player but I'm assuming 8 RBI in one inning has to be the record set.

15 minutes ago, IUskim said:

There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando...

Tatis...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando...

Tatis...

Wow. There's a name from the past. Was he the guy who was always hurt. I thought IIRC he had a great year with Cardinals and everyone thought he was the next big thing but could never stay healthy??

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

What musicians dad was the admiral in command during the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

I think we had a version of this one or maybe it's one of the corona shows I've watched over the last 45 days. Couldn't believe who it was. I won't chime in yet let others catch up.