Trivia

rico

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

You are correct. The other 3 each have 1 and Wilt 27. Pretty impressive 

And we have this current tv touting MJ as the GOAT? There have been several players like Wilt where the rules were changed to limit his dominance, where as MJ had the rules changed to increase his scoring!?!?

Oh, and not to forget about MJ’s role in a major rule change, he WAS a part of the vaunted 4 corners offense that forced the institution of the shot clock! Not sure having the ability to pass the ball around the 4 corners would make anyone the GOAT?

Edited by Drroogh

Playing on my previous post rant, trivia for which I do not have the answers! Name players and the rules that were written to limit their dominance!

I’ll start Wilt’ : Shot blocking rules! Hope I’m not just quoting urban legend, because I don’t know for sure!

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Misread it. Thought it was 1st opening kickoff which I believe is Hester

It was the Super Bowl of nicknames...The Smurfs, the Hogs, Rigginomics, the Killer B's, the Bruise Brothers, and Woodstrock.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Dang it. Soon as I saw it in your post I was kicking myself. Only knew the answer because he 5 or 6 years ago and that return was topic of discussion 

Fulton had a massive game as a KR...IIRC he returned 4 kickoffs for over 190 yards.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Fulton had a massive game as a KR...IIRC he returned 4 kickoffs for over 190 yards.  

I have no clue if it's still considered the worst offensive performance or least yards in Super Bowl but besides return only thing I remember is Cefalo's TD. No other yards for Dolphins that day.

• Like 1