Trivia

rico

51 minutes ago, rico said:

Who holds the MLB record for hitting into the most triple plays?

Gotta be someone who played for a while, slow, hits the ball hard, and hits it on the ground a lot. Not sure what the number even is, but if it's over 3, that'd be a shocker...

First guess, Greg Luzinski...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Gotta be someone who played for a while, slow, hits the ball hard, and hits it on the ground a lot. Not sure what the number even is, but if it's over 3, that'd be a shocker...

First guess, Greg Luzinski...

Not Greg....the # is 4 and it is a HoFer.

56 minutes ago, rico said:

Who holds the MLB record for hitting into the most triple plays?

Wow. Just saw this. Assuming as IUFLA said slow and played awhile. Maybe a catcher or slow footed contact hitter. I'll say Gary Carter. Haha. I know I'm wrong and more than likely given the trivia on this board the answer is probably a shocker.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Just saw this. Assuming as IUFLA said slow and played awhile. Maybe a catcher or slow footed contact hitter. I'll say Gary Carter. Haha. I know I'm wrong and more than likely given the trivia on this board the answer is probably a shocker.

Not Carter, good guess.  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Not Carter, good guess.  

So a catcher IS a good guess...Fisk? Berra?

Non-catchers...Brooks Robinson? He never hit for much of an average and played for a long time...

I'm thinking the guys who hit a lot of homers are more fly ball hitters...so I wouldn't think Bench

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So a catcher IS a good guess...Fisk? Berra?

Non-catchers...Brooks Robinson? He never hit for much of an average and played for a long time...

I'm thinking the guys who hit a lot of homers are more fly ball hitters...so I wouldn't think Bench

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...

Brooks was the guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What baseball HOFer hit the first pinch hit HR in World Series history?

Besides the most famous one (Gibson) my guess would be Jay Johnstone which I know is the wrong answer. Only reason I remember that one is because he joined the Cubs a couple years later after his 81 series dong. Otherwise I have nothing.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Besides the most famous one (Gibson) my guess would be Jay Johnstone which I know is the wrong answer. Only reason I remember that one is because he joined the Cubs a couple years later after his 81 series dong. Otherwise I have nothing.

No...

Hall of Famer...