Trivia

rico

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Since no one said Eric Karros I will so I can ask this one. 

What player holds the record for stealing home, and how many times did he accomplish it?

I know Ty Cobb holds the record...don't know the number, but I thought it was over 30 times

2 minutes ago, rico said:

There have been 3 pitchers in MLB history that at some point in their career tossed a no-hitter and led their respective league in saves.

Name them.

Assuming Eckersley is one. Maybe Smoltz. I'd have to think a bit about former starters who turned closer.

2 hours ago, rico said:

There have been 3 pitchers in MLB history that at some point in their career tossed a no-hitter and led their respective league in saves.

Name them.

Two questions...

We're not counting combined no hitters, right?

And are we going by when saves became an actual statistic (1969)?

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was working with my uncle today on a few projects he's been letting go. I asked him (he's an IU guy, 81 grad) and I think he said Hoyt or Foyt someone. Can't remember. That was 6 lbs of water weight ago. 

He musta meant Hoyt Wilhelm...I thought of him, but by the time they started counting saves, he was at the end of his career...so I don't think he's the other one...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Is the other one Derek Lowe? I know he pitched a no hitter, and I know he eventually became a closer, but I don't know if he ever led the league in saves...

And we have a winner...he led the AL in saves in 2000.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

Yep, the guy was amazing.

I didn't think anyone would get Sisler's record, but Ichiro was not only an elite hitter, but a great outfielder with a cannon for an arm...

I guess the only unbreakable record in baseball would be Cy Young's 511 wins...

• Like 1