Trivia

rico

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

When I think of Cherries, I think of Traverse City, MI but Michigan is not the State. However great segue to the next clue. Both the State of MI and the State of Wisconsin have a town/city with the same name, spelled exactly the same but pronounced completely  different. The Michigan City is the winner!

If you take the name and spell it differently but still pronounce it about the same it becomes a cream filled pastry with chocolate frosting

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This one is very tough, and someone will probably have to look it up, but I thought it's a fun one...Lots of good details on this one...

Who hit the first regular season home run in Montreal Expos history?

I know this has a Reds twist to it...seems I heard the question on a Reds broadcast.  

Just now, IUFLA said:

Yessir!

McGinn's one and only major league home run...later that week he was the first winning pitcher for an Expos home game...

It came to me looking up the draft...did not know about the 1st pitching win in Montreal.

11 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I was going to guess Marino. Like always bad guess. Have to say the answer was a complete surprise!

On September 27, Indiana defeated Colorado, 49–7, before a crowd of 40,219 at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colorado. Flanker Nate Lundy shattered Indiana's single game receiving record (previously 178 yards) with five catches for 256 yards and three touchdowns. After the game, coach Lee Corso said: "Nate Lundy had a great game. 'Doctor Deep' can run on anyone."[8] Quarterback Tim Clifford also tied the school's single game passing yardage record (set in 1943 by Robert Hoernschemeyer), completing 11 of 14 passes for 345 yards and five touchdowns. Clifford also broke the school's career record with 262 completions. Mike Harkrader also became the school's career rushing leader with 2,791 yards.[8]

• Like 1