Trivia

rico

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was driving me crazy. I think I found the answer but won't share. I was kind of right if it turns out being correct....forgot he was a switch hitter.

I remember when I heard Swisher talking about it...all the great switch hitters we've listed here and Nick Friggin Swisher holds that record...

My first reaction was, "you've got to be strokin' me." 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well done.  Wanted to lob one in after yesterday's nasty back door slider.

I knew Mantle had retired in spring training 1969 and the wait is 5 years. 

I watched the HBO special on Mick last week. I'll post the (YouTube) link in the baseball forum. A sad, tragic life when you add it all up. I was glad he got it together and showed a great deal of courage at the end. I also listened to Bob Costas' eulogy. A beautiful and fitting tribute. The distinction Costas makes between role model and hero is so poignant and fitting...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I knew Mantle had retired in spring training 1969 and the wait is 5 years. 

I watched the HBO special on Mick last week. I'll post the (YouTube) link in the baseball forum. A sad, tragic life when you add it all up. I was glad he got it together and showed a great deal of courage at the end. I also listened to Bob Costas' eulogy. A beautiful and fitting tribute. The distinction Costas makes between role model and hero is so poignant and fitting...

Looking forward to watching it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yessir! 13 Hall of Fame players...not to mention both managers (Joe McCarthy and Rogers Hornsby) and umpire Bill Klem...

What WS had the most since division play stared in 1969?

Hmmmmm....I got a feeling there is Red tie-in there.  LOL  I will go with '83.  When the O's beat the Philadelphia Reds.  You would have had Morgan, Perez, Schmidt, Carlton, Ripken, Murray, and Palmer.  So that is 7, unless I am missing someone.

• Like 2