Trivia

rico

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes sir. Tragic story

There's a few posts in the baseball thread about him. I remember him getting hit. I read his book. Was always a fan...

Said this over there too...if he hadn't suffered the eye injury from the beaning, put him in the middle of that 75 Red Sox team that took the Reds to game 7. Rice, Yaz, Lynn, Fisk, Petrocelli...and Tony C. He'd have only been 30 years old then...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

last night Mookie Betts became only the second player in World Series History to have a walk and multiple stolen bases in an inning.  Who was 1st?

7 minutes ago, rico said:

I heard Babe Ruth did it?

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That is correct.  

I wonder if they filled in the trenches The Babe made between innings...

Edited by IUFLA

56 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

last night Mookie Betts became only the second player in World Series History to have a walk and multiple stolen bases in an inning.  Who was 1st?

Honestly I can't believe that's been so rare. I saw that stat on twitter and thought only 2 people in World Series history have a walk and stole 2nd/3rd ever? Shoot I think Vince Coleman did that vs my Cubs about 30x in early 80's.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly I can't believe that's been so rare. I saw that stat on twitter and thought only 2 people in World Series history have a walk and stole 2nd/3rd ever? Shoot I think Vince Coleman did that vs my Cubs about 30x in early 80's.

I would have bet that Rickey Henderson would have done it....

• Like 3