Trivia

rico

10 minutes ago, rico said:

What former Yankee first baseman was drafted twice by the Reds and never signed.

Given his regional ties I'd guess Mattingly but I think this is one of those trivia questions where there's more to the story than just easy answer. I'm off for a day of raking leaves but look forward to the answer later.

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So here's a triple for yas...

The major league draft started in 1965. Who was the very first selection?

Who is the youngest pitcher to throw a perfect game in the modern (after 1903) era?

Who is the only pitcher to score a run for his team while pitching a perfect game?

I know that Rick Monday was the 1st 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Who is the youngest pitcher to throw a perfect game in the modern (after 1903) era?

Who is the only pitcher to score a run for his team while pitching a perfect game?

Is Catfish Hunter the answer to the last two?  I know he was young and a good hitter.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So NL pitcher for last part. Didn't Tom Browning throw a perfect game? I'm trying to think of any NL pitchers to throw one who could have possibly scored a run.