Trivia

rico

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Just saw this.  Frank Howard?

Wow! I thought that would be a tough one...the NL RoY (Dodgers) when he's best known for his time in the AL(Senators)...And not a lot of people even know he went to OSU much less that he was a star basketball player...

I always wondered why the hell Woody Hayes didn't grab him and make him into a tight end or lineman...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wow! I thought that would be a tough one...the NL RoY (Dodgers) when he's best known for his time in the AL(Senators)...And not a lot of people even know he went to OSU much less that he was a star basketball player...

I always wondered why the hell Woody Hayes didn't grab him and make him into a tight end or lineman...

Back in the day, I learned a lot of stuff from Marty and Joe during Reds' radio broadcasts.  Marty loved basketball.  

IIRC Frank was a 2 time All-American with the Bucks.

• Like 1

The Colts could go 11-5 and miss the play-offs.  But before the 16 game schedule the NFL played 14 games with 4 play-off teams from each conference.  10-4 was a pretty fine record but yet quite a few teams missed with that.

Who was the last team to miss the play-offs with a 10-4 record before the season was expanded to 16 games?

2 minutes ago, rico said:

The Colts could go 11-5 and miss the play-offs.  But before the 16 game schedule the NFL played 14 games with 4 play-off teams from each conference.  10-4 was a pretty fine record but yet quite a few teams missed with that.

Who was the last team to miss the play-offs with a 10-4 record before the season was expanded to 16 games?

The Colts of the late 60's missed once while winning 11 games I do believe.