Trivia

rico

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It's Zimmerman.  We went team by team in our guesses last night at the game and had settled on it possibly being Brett Gardner, but that just didn't feel right to me.  So, I refused to accept it.

Then my son said ;It could have been Ryan Zimmerman if he had not retied.  And, I said, "What?  Zimmerman isn't retired."  I just saw him on TV in a game a couple of weeks ago."  I hadn't thought of him the first time through the team by team  .   

Glad to know I was in the right neighborhood.

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

BTW, be in Destin tomorrow. My oldest daughter and her family are already there, and the middle one (Chicago)and the youngest (Austin) are meeting us there for a long weekend. Hear it's crowded...

I hear it's crowded as well. Have a fun safe trip. Should be a great time. Have a drink for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Who is the last overall #1 pick to catch a touchdown pass in an NFL game? Prior to this guy it was Keyshawn Johnson 

Got to throw the challenge flag on one aspect of this or another. 

If you meant the most recent #1 overall pick, then yes, Fischer is correct, since he was drafted after Newton. However, Newton had a receiving TD on January 3, 2021.

https://www.patriots.com/news/game-notes-newton-is-the-first-patriots-qb-to-have-a-receiving-touchdown

Fischer’s came in September 2020. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Got to throw the challenge flag on one aspect of this or another. 

If you meant the most recent #1 overall pick, then yes, Fischer is correct, since he was drafted after Newton. However, Newton had a receiving TD on January 3, 2021.

https://www.patriots.com/news/game-notes-newton-is-the-first-patriots-qb-to-have-a-receiving-touchdown

Fischer’s came in September 

Great response. Upon further review the call on the field stand. TD Fischer.😀

If they can.mess it.up with 50 different cameras angles sp can i

Was listening to the DP Show on my way back from town and the crew was discussing Bryce Harper.  Hard to believe it is his 10th year in the league.  He has won the RoY and the MVP award.  He has also appeared in 6 ASGs.  However at present his career stats don't make him a HoFer.

Which brings me to the question:  Who has appeared in the most All-Star games without being elected into the HoF upon being eligible?

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Was listening to the DP Show on my way back from town and the crew was discussing Bryce Harper.  Hard to believe it is his 10th year in the league.  He has won the RoY and the MVP award.  He has also appeared in 6 ASGs.  However at present his career stats don't make him a HoFer.

Which brings me to the question:  Who has appeared in the most All-Star games without being elected into the HoF upon being eligible?

I always go Dale Murphy/Steve Garvey on these types of questions. Off to sweat in this heat. Look forward to the answer later today!

58 minutes ago, rico said:

Dave Concepcion? 

1 hour ago, rico said:

I misread was going  Pete Rose but instead will say Fred Lynn, cant think of any others not mentioned that are eligible.