Trivia

rico

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really thought Gus was. I heard slick say that one year in the ABA finals between the Pacers and Colonels there were 9 future Hall of Famers and Johnson was mentioned 

I stand corrected Gus Johnson is indeed another...another still remains.

5 hours ago, rico said:

Adrian Dantley

Hate it when I get to the trivia portion of the board and knew I had a chance at being 50% or so right. McGinnis is a guy I just wish I heard more about in IU world. My family speaks about him a step below Oscar but every bit of the lore about how dominating he was. Good trivia question! 

• Like 1

Heard this one today.  Some of you may or may not know but "Gunsmoke" was a radio show/series before it went to television.  William Conrad("Cannon") was the voice of Marshal Dillon on the radio.  Now for the question.  Who was the radio voice for Doc Adams?

Hint-He went on to play another very famous character on a TV series.

Just now, rico said:

No, but a great guess.  

Another hint:  People know him from his character's name.  Not many would know his real name, if any would know.

I'll confess.  After my initial guess, I looked it up.  The first show I considered was the show your guy was on.  He crossed my mind, but I dismissed him because I could not imagine him in the role.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll confess.  After my initial guess, I looked it up.  The first show I considered was the show your guy was on.  He crossed my mind, but I dismissed him because I could not imagine him in the role.

I would never in a million years have thought of him in that role.

25 minutes ago, rico said:

No, but a great guess.  

Another hint:  People know him from his character's name.  Not many would know his real name, if any would know.

Howard McNear aka Floyd the Barber on Andy Griffith (although he wasn't the original Floyd)...

I am a Mayberry junkie...

• Like 2