Trivia

rico

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, technically, it would be the Rays and/or the Diamondbacks in 1998.  But, I'm guessing that's not the spirit of your question.

No, you're right. Technically, it would be, but as you said, not the spirit of the question...

You guys are tricky!

Edited by IUFLA

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I only knew that from reading about JFK, Sinatra, Marilyn and Joe.

I remember the actual commercials.  I was a baseball nut as a boy, so I knew who Joe was even though I never saw him play. 

And, my mom thought he was handsome.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Since no one answered your question the last 2 teams to segregate were Detroit and Boston

Correct. But the Boston Red Sox were the last to integrate when they promoted Pumpsie Green from AAA in 1959...12 years after Jackie Robinson had made his debut with the Dodgers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gillette stadium was built in 2002. Tom Brady has won 134 games there including playoff games. What QB has the second most wins at Gillette?

I'll guess Jimmy Garoppolo.  I was initially leaning towards a visiting player, but they dominated their division the last 20 years, I'm not sure a single visitor made it to 3-4 wins.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gillette stadium was built in 2002. Tom Brady has won 134 games there including playoff games. What QB has the second most wins at Gillette?

I wouldn't think it would be an opposing QB, but the year Brady was out, I'm not sure Matt Cassel could have been second...

But I guess I'll go with him...

39 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll guess Jimmy Garoppolo.  I was initially leaning towards a visiting player, but they dominated their division the last 20 years, I'm not sure a single visitor made it to 3-4 wins.

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I wouldn't think it would be an opposing QB, but the year Brady was out, I'm not sure Matt Cassel could have been second...

But I guess I'll go with him...

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I'm overthinking this one but Cam Newton had to of won 3-4 home games last year, right?

The correct answer is Cam Newton with 6 wins.5 as a Patriot and 1 as a Panther

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Your head would be correct! ;) 1967...

It would take 12 years (Dan Fouts in 1979) for it to happen again...

Broadway Joe was ahead of his time...

Namath was just a tad before my time.  I never really got to see him in his prime.

Just now, rico said:

Namath was just a tad before my time.  I never really got to see him in his prime.

His prime wasn't all that long...The knees kept him from reaching his real potential...

A lot of people think he shouldn't be the the HoF as his overall numbers are kinda pedestrian...50% completion rate and more interceptions than TDs...Only played on 3 winning teams in 12 years...But his impact on the pro game is undeniable...And The Guarantee in (my estimation) the most important game in pro football history cements it...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rico said:

My heart says Unitas, my head says Namath.

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Your head would be correct! ;) 1967...

It would take 12 years (Dan Fouts in 1979) for it to happen again...

Broadway Joe was ahead of his time...

Wow. I always thought Fouts for sure....just catching on trivia. Or maybe at least a Raiders QB because Al's love affair with the vertical game.