Trivia

rico

I don't know what it is about me, but I seem to retain useless, meaningless tidbits of information that won't do you a damn bit of good in the real world.  My buddy and I riddle each other all the time.  TBH, he is better than I(I attribute it to him being two years older).  He called me last night just to ask me this........

Who is the only team in MLB history that had 2 sets of siblings playing the infield at the same time?  And who were they?  

1 hour ago, rico said:

I don't know what it is about me, but I seem to retain useless, meaningless tidbits of information that won't do you a damn bit of good in the real world.  My buddy and I riddle each other all the time.  TBH, he is better than I(I attribute it to him being two years older).  He called me last night just to ask me this........

Who is the only team in MLB history that had 2 sets of siblings playing the infield at the same time?  And who were they?  

2 of them are in my fairly long list of all time favorites. Do i get anything for being correct?

3 hours ago, rico said:

I am full of useless trivia too.  Though not so much sports trivia but all kinds of useless subjects. 

Stuff like, who originally had Buddy Hollys' seat on the plane that crashed and killed him the Big Bopper and Richie Valens? Also who played Ritchie Valens in the movie La Bamba?

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I am full of useless trivia too.  Though not so much sports trivia but all kinds of useless subjects. 

Stuff like, who originally had Buddy Hollys' seat on the plane that crashed and killed him the Big Bopper and Richie Valens? Also who played Ritchie Valens in the movie La Bamba?

Waylon Jennings?  

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well my Mom and Dad grew up in that era and were Holly fans.  The legend I was told is that Waylon Jennings lost a coin clip to Valens for the last seat on the plane.  But there is a lot of controversy about the events of that fateful night.

Lou Diamond-Phillips

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Waylon Jennings?  

Yep

3 hours ago, rico said:

Well my Mom and Dad grew up in that era and were Holly fans.  The legend I was told is that Waylon Jennings lost a coin clip to Valens for the last seat on the plane.  But there is a lot of controversy about the events of that fateful night.

Lou Diamond-Phillips

That is what I have been told.

Waylon Jennings is one of my favorite musicians and Lou diamond Phillips is one of my favorite character actors. 

11 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yep

That is what I have been told.

Waylon Jennings is one of my favorite musicians and Lou diamond Phillips is one of my favorite character actors. 

I like Waylon......but there are a lot of different stories surrounding that night.  I really dont know what the truth is.  But I know this much.....Holly, Big Bopper, and Valens died.  Waylon was there at that show as well as Dion and the Belmonts.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I just looked it up.  Was trying to think of famous pitchers from Indiana and Brown was the first one that popped into my head.  I won't spoil it for others though.

WTF......you didn't say Tommy John?  So I take it you know the answer....just say it.