Trivia

rico

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The guy that played Ollie in Hoosiers was a pretty good high school player on a very good team. What was the name of that no longer existing high school?

My school consolidation memories have faded over time.   Likely played early to mid 80's.  Probably in ypur neck of the woods.  Can't place it.  

Hmmmmmm.  I do believe "Ollie" was from Hendricks county if I remember a documentary correctly.  Not familiar with the area as far as school systems.  But I have worked in Brownsburg many of times.  I think Plainfield and Avon are in that county.  But he was from farm country.  North Salem?  Lizton?  Pittsboro?  My guess is Pittboro.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Hmmmmmm.  I do believe "Ollie" was from Hendricks county if I remember a documentary correctly.  Not familiar with the area as far as school systems.  But I have worked in Brownsburg many of times.  I think Plainfield and Avon are in that county.  But he was from farm country.  North Salem?  Lizton?  Pittsboro?  My guess is Pittboro.

Sorry. Wrong area of the state

Yes. It was Wade Schenck who played Ollie in 'Hoosier'.

Wade Schenck - Biography - IMDb

And he did in fact play real ball for L&M.

Just for fun vid :

David Neidorf & Wade Schenck on The Dan Patrick Show (Full Interview) 9/16/16

Only in Indiana do real life high school BB players get interviews, decades after they played, like Bobby Plump. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Another question from Hoosiers. Who did the producer originally "select" to play the role of Coach Norman Dale, but he had to decline due to scheduling conflict? For a bonus point what  was the conflict?

Jack Nicholson?  I heard he was a basketball fan.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

That is correct.  Actually they never offered the role. They asked him to read the script and offer feedback and after reading it said i have to play coach Dale

IIRC Jack was in some court issues at the time.  But I am old and thought Ollie was from Hendricks county.

• 2 weeks later...