Trivia

rico

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The guys who do baseball reference .com have a sense of humor!

"Kicks: Left"!

Screenshot_20210927-115330.png

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I always wondered why the Reds gave up on O'Neill...the Yankees got his best years...the guy was a winner and a damn good right fielder...

That was all Pinella's brilliant doing.  Remember me talking about bad Reds trades?  That be one of the major ones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You are correct, 1975

Wow. Going to have dive into the game and see what kind of gift one brother gave to the other.

Edit-Wow...only home run for Joe in his career was off his brother. Actually after googling the game I think Mike vs Greg Maddux would have been a better answer.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Going to have dive into the game and see what kind of gift one brother gave to the other.

Edit-Wow...only home run for Joe in his career was off his brother. Actually after googling the game I think Mike vs Greg Maddux would have been a better answer.

I think Phil probably grooved Joe a BP fastball...that, or it was a knuckler that spun...

47 minutes ago, rico said:

No it wouldn't have to be....the Brett's, Ken and George.

But I know that Joe hit one off of brother Phil in the mid 70's.

The Forsch brothers maybe, but both were pitchers...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Phil probably grooved Joe a BP fastball...that, or it was a knuckler that spun...

The Forsch brothers maybe, but both were pitchers...

I didn't read the question as they both had to be pitchers.  Just brothers.

Rick and Paul Reuschel

Dizzy and Daffy Dean

Andy and Alan Benes

And George Brett's bro Ken was a pitcher.  Evidently George never hit a dinger off Ken?  But they would have been in the AL West at the same time.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I didn't read the question as they both had to be pitchers.  Just brothers.

Rick and Paul Reuschel

Dizzy and Daffy Dean

Andy and Alan Benes

And George Brett's bro Ken was a pitcher.  Evidently George never hit a dinger off Ken?  But they would have been in the AL West at the same time.

Oh, I know...just combing my mind for brother combos and the Forschs came to mind...if I recall correctly Bob was no slouch with the bat, at least for a pitcher...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, I know...just combing my mind for brother combos and the Forschs came to mind...if I recall correctly Bob was no slouch with the bat, at least for a pitcher...

Bob was indeed good with the bat...a couple of Silver Slugger awards on his resume.  One damn fine SP.