Trivia

rico

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Very good and correct stab

I paid attention in my Indiana history class!  Lew was quite the man.  Now as far as the other one hmmmmmmm.  You said you could tie it to sports.  Gary Wallace is named after Lew.  Hmmmmmmm.  So if we keep with that theme.  I will say Anthony Wayne.

58 minutes ago, rico said:

I paid attention in my Indiana history class!  Lew was quite the man.  Now as far as the other one hmmmmmmm.  You said you could tie it to sports.  Gary Wallace is named after Lew.  Hmmmmmmm.  So if we keep with that theme.  I will say Anthony Wayne.

I attended Gary Lew Wallace from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Was the last to go all the way through, before they built elementary and middle schools.

The Wallace family allowed our school to use their coat of arms. Had it in our hallways, yearbooks, and class rings.  At the top of the crest, in latin are the words 'Sperandum Est. Which means one must hope. Or. It is to be hoped for. 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No but a great guess. Think civil war

Civil War huh?  Hmmmmm.  Well it could be Abe.....but I don't think so.  Custer was from Ohio, I think.  I do remember hearing something about our Governor during the Civil War.......how about Oliver Morton?  

10 hours ago, rico said:

Civil War huh?  Hmmmmm.  Well it could be Abe.....but I don't think so.  Custer was from Ohio, I think.  I do remember hearing something about our Governor during the Civil War.......how about Oliver Morton?  

Oliver P Morton would be my answer too.  Was critical to the union cause and took out private loans to run state gov. Was one of Lincoln's war governors.  Kept indiana in one peice.

Edited by mrflynn03
Correction

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Oliver P Morton would be my answer too.  Was critical to the union cause and took out private loans to run state gov. Was one of Lincoln's war generals.  Kept indiana in one peice.

I am pretty sure Wallace was the General.  

On 10/15/2018 at 10:37 AM, rico said:

Another one with quite the Indiana twist....

Who came up with the idea for KFC's red and white striped bucket?

Somehow I did not see this post but I believe that Ft Wayne native Dave Thomas has a hand in the bucket maybe the spinning feature. We toured the KFC museum several years ago and heard stories of Colonel Sanders driving in Southern Indiana selling chicken out of the trunk of his car.

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Somehow I did not see this post but I believe that Ft Wayne native Dave Thomas has a hand in the bucket maybe the spinning feature. We toured the KFC museum several years ago and heard stories of Colonel Sanders driving in Southern Indiana selling chicken out of the trunk of his car.

Dave Thomas is the answer, but he was not a native Hoosier.  Colonel Sanders was.  And we all know that Dave Thomas was the founder of Wendy's.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Wonder where I heard that Dave Thomas was from Ft Wayne, Did he open his first Wendys there. Now I have to do research, I know there is a Ft Wayne connection

LOL.......just Google Dave Thomas.  Yeah, there is a Fort Wayne connection.