Trivia

rico

24 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, he was drafted by the Cards...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Kinzer

"During 1987 NFL strike, he served one game as a punter for the Detroit Lions."

Here's my 1987 NFL strike story...

In February of 1987, I got orders to Greenland with a report NLT date of 10 October. I found out the last plane (C-141 out of McGuire AFB) I could get to meet that date was 10/7 which was, coincidentally, our 4th wedding anniversary.

So I decided we'd go out to that area (had to fly into Philly) on the 2nd and have a little 2nd honeymoon. Booked the flight. A few days later, I noticed that the Bears were playing the Eagles, in Philadelphia, on 10/3. I asked my wife if she wanted to go and she said "Sure!" 

So I bought the tickets. In September, they went on strike. Cancelled the tickets as I wasn't going to pay $60 (which was what the 2 tickets cost) to watch replacement players. 

We had a good time anyway. Went to Atlantic City for a couple of days, then took my wife to lunch at Philly's famous Bookbinder's Restaurant before putting her back on a flight to St Louis and taking a bus over to McGuire for my flight to Greenland...

We toast that trip every anniversary...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not a sports related trivia question, but here goes.

In the world of coronavirus.  How many days in a row can my teenage son wear the same pair of socks?

The final answer is still a TBD, but we're approaching double digits.

Our laundry use has dropped significantly except for the 21 year old that works out 3 times a day

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Our laundry use has dropped significantly except for the 21 year old that works out 3 times a day

I've had a weird theory and so far (knock on wood) it's worked. Anything I wear when I go out in the world....goes immediately in the washer when returning. No clue if this even makes sense but so far (knock on wood) it's worked. Along with the normal stuff.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've had a weird theory and so far (knock on wood) it's worked. Anything I wear when I go out in the world....goes immediately in the washer when returning. No clue if this even makes sense but so far (knock on wood) it's worked. Along with the normal stuff.

The wife makes me do that.makes sense to me 

• Like 1

In college I once wore the same pair of jeans for 45 days without a wash because I kept forgetting to take them to the laundromat.  I only had 1 pair because most of my pants are shorts but it was a cold winter. 

So I give it 19 days on the socks, if they dont somehow disappear first. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So. if you make multiple trips out in a single a day, you're wearing a minimum of 3 sets of clothing that day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

In college I once wore the same pair of jeans for 45 days without a wash because I kept forgetting to take them to the laundromat.  I only had 1 pair because most of my pants are shorts but it was a cold winter. 

So I give it 19 days on the socks, if they dont somehow disappear first. 

My son does not own a pair of jeans.  He has one pair of dress pants for special occasions and a couple of pairs of sweats. Everything else is shorts.   But, sweats are against the dress code for school, so even if it's zero degrees out, he wears short (when there actually is school).

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So. if you make multiple trips out in a single a day, you're wearing a minimum of 3 sets of clothing that day.

Yep. Grocery store, Walmart, Monon Trail for exercise and anything else just in case. I usually do errands all at once but yes.....full throttle on washer. 

36 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Here’s some trivia: what is the only college to have both the number one draft pick in basketball and football in the same year and who were the two players?

That's a good one. I thought for 10-15 minutes thinking about options. Have to rule out the normal customers. Finally had to look it up. So funny.