Trivia

rico

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Max McGee?

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Max something I believe

Yep, Max McGee.

Max was a good receiver over his career. Super Bowl I he was a reserve who was allegedly hung over because he didn't expect to play. Carroll Dale got injured early, and Max came in and caught 2 TDs.

Edited by IUFLA

Just now, Drroogh said:

Wait, what! You still have file room? I have to forget things to remember something new! Needed a floppy disk upgrade decades ago!

Haha. My brain uses FIFO accounting practices. When a good stat like this comes along it goes in....while being able to recite the 1979 Cubs lineup goes out. Just replace old stats with new.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Haha. My brain uses FIFO accounting practices. When a good stat like this comes along it goes in....while being able to recite the 1979 Cubs lineup goes out. Just replace old stats with new.

I like my brothers comment when touring me around his old stomping grounds of NAPA valley. "with wine they use the FISH practice, First In Still Here!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

When was the last time that IU, Purdue, and Northwestern all started the Big 10 season 2-0?

I think I saw this on twitter yesterday but it only has IU and Purdue as answer. Can't imagine what it would be with Northwestern added. I won't answer just in case what I saw was right....but color me shocked. You would think with easy early season games especially under Mallory this would have happened.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I saw this on twitter yesterday but it only has IU and Purdue as answer. Can't imagine what it would be with Northwestern added. I won't answer just in case what I saw was right....but color me shocked. You would think with easy early season games especially under Mallory this would have happened.

The answer is........2020.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

WHO AM I??? (Veterans Edition)

I put my baseball career on hold to join the Navy during WWII.

I served as a gunners mate in Normandy.

I received the Purple Heart and several other prestigious awards.

I participated in 21 World Series and won 13.

WHO AM I???

His first name is Lawrence...

33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I knew it wasn't him but he was nmy favorite NFL coach

Landry started his pro coaching career as the defensive coordinator for the Giants...at the same time, they had an offensive coordinator who is just as famous...know who that was?

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1