Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
rico

Trivia

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So one more in the "2 grand slams in one game" column...

One player who accomplished the feat...

The first grand slam was the first of his career. The second was his last...

He's the only player from his position to accomplish the feat...

And, he eventually played for the Cincinnati Reds (although he wasn't when he hit the 2 Granny's in one game)

Who was he?

Tony Clonniger (sp) is the only pitcher to do it so he is my guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Tony Clonniger (sp) is the only pitcher to do it so he is my guess. 

Yep, good going! One of the weird occurrences that make baseball great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yep, good going! One of the weird occurrences that make baseball great

2 home runs by a pitcher in a season is pretty darn good. Let 2 grand Slams in a game. That's more RBI than some get in an entire year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The Astros have no left hand pitchers on their world Series Roster. When is the last time that has happened and name the team(s)

Lol. Excellent trivia question. I looked it up so I'll give others a chance. But the reason is even more funny. It'll have Scott break dancing.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The Astros have no left hand pitchers on their world Series Roster. When is the last time that has happened and name the team(s)

I saw an article on this yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Lol. Excellent trivia question. I looked it up so I'll give others a chance. But the reason is even more funny. It'll have Scott break dancing.

Old school break dancing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Who are the only 2 NBA players to record a 20pt 20 reb. 20 assist triple double in a game?

I know one just because I pay attention. The other one I'm guessing who would be since he averaged it for a season or 3 but I bet that would be wrong. Probably someone I wouldn't think of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Who are the only 2 NBA players to record a 20pt 20 reb. 20 assist triple double in a game?

I am pretty sure I remember Russell Westbrook doing it, but not positive.  Hmmmmm....good question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Who are the only 2 NBA players to record a 20pt 20 reb. 20 assist triple double in a game?

One was, in my estimation, the greatest player of all time...

Wilt Chamberlain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One was, in my estimation, the greatest player of all time...

Wilt Chamberlain...

Yes Wilt is the other. Russ and Wilt only ever to do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is dated from when I heard it...so I don't know if it is correct anymore.  I am guessing I heard it about 10 years ago.  

There have only been 3 basketball players that have won a high school state championship, a NCAA championship, a NBA championship, and an Olympic Gold.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rico said:

This is dated from when I heard it...so I don't know if it is correct anymore.  I am guessing I heard it about 10 years ago.  

There have only been 3 basketball players that have won a high school state championship, a NCAA championship, a NBA championship, and an Olympic Gold.

 

Off the top of my head, Jerry Lucas and Magic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Off the top of my head, Jerry Lucas and Magic...

If you got those two then third should be easy...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rico said:

If you got those two then third should be easy...

So ashamed I'll let someone else go...

Heap the derision on me...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was it a Hoosier by chance that now does some TV for the Pacers

Now what do you think?  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes Wilt is the other. Russ and Wilt only ever to do it

Got Russ. Never would think Wilt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...